Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Paddlette Mobile Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Paddlette Mobile Paddle
Paddlette Mobile Paddle Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $48.95
Description: Mobile paddles
More info: http://www.paddlette.com

You can write your own review of the Paddlette Mobile Paddle.

KW6C Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2010 11:56 Send this review to a friend
does EXACTLY as it should  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If your a CW addict then you KNOW the withdrawals that can go along with mobile HF operation without a key. So, when I saw a listing for a used Paddlette at a price of a 25 foot roll of rg8x I took my chance and gave it a shot. It's small, solid, and it reflects an element of pride in workmanship that is all too often non-existent with inexpensive iambiac keys and other accessories. It's not a Begali but overall it's probably the best mobile iambiac key I've used to date due to it's size, the dependability factor, and it's simplicity and ease of operation. I have 2 begali keyers and use them at home on a daily basis but their size and weight make it inconvienent to take either of them along for mobile operation. Now, for portable operation, other than mobile, the Begali traveler lite can't be matched but the price reflects it's precision and hand made workmanship; as it should. If you can find a Paddlette,give it a try. But make your move quickly; as the fellow that puts these little gems together is planning to retire from the business/hobby of making keyers.

WA6L Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2008 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Small footpring, big performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Paddlette PK-1 for portable operation with my K1. I did not really expect too much from such a small device, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It is extremely well made; with great attention to detail. It even has a hex-key recessed into the base for on-the-fly adjustments.

Paddle “feel” is a very personal thing, but I have to say that this tiny paddle operates as well or better than many larger paddles costing much more. The design makes sending accurate code very easy and the light touch does not tire you out.

The mounting options are very flexible. The Paddlette uses a magnetic base, so you can just stick it on anything made of steel. The paddle also comes with a glue-on magnet so you can mount it on non-ferrous materials as well. Once mounted, it is very steady with moderate to heavy paddle pressure.

All in all, this is an impressive little paddle and is the perfect companion for portable operation.

John, WA6L

WF7I Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2006 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Great little key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Paddlete key 2 weeks ago, and it was everything I had hoped for. Mine was the PK-1. The old guy on the phone was very nice, and he talked me through which product would be best for what I needed. He also included just the right length of hookup wire for me at no extra charge! It came very quickly, just the time it took for my check to arrive at his house, and the return trip back to mine via USPS. It was perfect for the little platform I have in my mobile setup. It has a magnet with a sticky side on one side, which you can put down where you want the key to go, and the magnet will hold it down pretty tight. I've already used it for many hours of CW operation and it feels almost as comfortable as my Bencher. This little key is a must for mobile or even pedestrian-mobile (you can get it with a leg strap as well). Kudos to Paddlete.

K5NT Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2005 13:33 Send this review to a friend
A good product made better!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using the original Paddlette on My Elecraft K1, and have been pleased with it. I just received their new model, called the PK-1, and it is a great improvement over the original. The springy arms have now been stiffened, and the result is a "feel" that is closer to that of a more expensive home station paddle. Now I don't have to get used to a different feel or use a different sending style when operating portable.

WE5F Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2005 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Great with Elecraft K1  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered the adapter plate from Bob to use my Paddlette with my Elecraft K1 tilt stand. Bob even called personally to verify my $3 order. Anyway, the K1 stand comes with an extra thumb screw (now I know why!). The Paddlette mounts centerline below the K1 and is in the perfect position for operating. The adapter plate comes with a peel-and-stick magnetic strip that firmly grips the Paddlette magnetic base. Really neat setup and ideal for portable (or fixed) QRP CW.

N4LQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2004 11:24 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this key for several years and used it mobile in various configurations. One of the pads fell off the lever but I just glued it back on. It makes a twang sound due to the brass springs/levers. I understand that the newer model is stiffer so maybe it doesn't do this. For my current installation, I ripped off the bottom magnet pad, soldered a longer cable to it, drilled a hole down through the key, glued the magnetic pad back on, drilled through it then screwed it down to the center console of my Explorer. The feel is rather mushy compared to a real paddle but for mobile use, it's great.

W2XS Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2004 23:55 Send this review to a friend
Good feel to it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my older PK-1 back to the factory to have the arms stiffened. It came back a few days later. It was a bit too "springy" before, but now it rivals my trusty Brown Brothers Model BTL-A. In fact, the two are somewhat similar in design. The PK-1 comes with a little hex key for spacing adjustment that hides in the base.
I am very picky about paddles, and this one will now join the elite group of paddles that I like to use because of their smooth feel, which includes the Brown Brothers, the K9LU Bulldog, and the Elecraft KXPD1. I have bought and then sold many others, but these are keepers.

BTW, the website is www.paddlette.com

K3ESE Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2002 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Portable Paddles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this paddle to reduce the weight of my station, to be 'competitive' in the ARS Spartan Sprint. As a side effect (thank you, ARS!) I now find myself QRV for /P ops. But what paddles! I got the BP-K1, which is designed to screw onto the KTS-1, and it was instantly easy to use, seems nearly indestructable, can be left attached and turned out of the way when using my 'base' paddles. It arrived very quickly, and came supplied with a number of adhesive magnetic plates for attachment in various ways, and can even be used as a straight key. Highly recommended!

K1KID Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2000 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Great for QRP rigs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave this a 5 because this is the best little mobile paddle I have seen. Sure, It's not up to a March or Hensley or even a Bencher paddle, but do you want to hike out with one of those in your pack? For portable and backpaking I don't think you could do better. Perfect match for my K1 QRP tranciever. Nice feel and surprisingly easy to send good CW with.Weighs little and takes up almost no room at all. Was very surpised at how nice a mini paddle could be.

KC4URI Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2000 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Not just a Toy  Time owned: unknown months
I was amazed at the feel and action of this little key. With the knee strap and storage case it was a bargin.
I even use It in the shack now.