Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | KMA Big-Six 6Meter Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for KMA Big-Six 6Meter Log Periodic
KMA Big-Six  6Meter Log Periodic Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $192.00
Description: (missing—add Description)
More info: http://www.qsl.net/w4kma/6m.htm

You can write your own review of the KMA Big-Six 6Meter Log Periodic.

WX9M Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2006 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Great performance in small footprint  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it on the tower at about 50 ft Monday afternoon. This antenna is just small and light enough for one person to handle on tower instalation. The band opened the same night, you can't ask for much better than that! I worked the Gulf coast portions of FL, MS, AL, and TX all with signal reports of 57 to 59. Then I heard a CO station in DN70 calling me off the back corner of the beam! I turned the antenna toward him and received a 57 report. That is with the band open so hard to compare without side by side or previous benchmarks. So the real comparison test was when I had my daily scheduled QSO in the mornings with a HAM 20 miles away (ground wave). He had been copying me at an S3 with my previous 3 element beam, now I am an S8. Also a low power beacon to the west of me that I would receive at S2 is now S6! I am very pleased! Can't wait to see what happens on double hop :-)

WU2M Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 1999 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance At A Nice Price.  Time owned: unknown months
I am happy with the performance of this antenna. I ordered it over the internet on a Saturday
and it was here on Thursday. It did not take very long to put together and the instructions were
clear and to the point! The construction of the "Big-Six" seems rugged and looks like it will last many many NY winters. On the air performance has been very good. I have worked into many states as well as local with good reports. The SWR across the band is also great. This is a true plug and play antenna. The service was very prompt. I will recommend W4KMA to anyone!!

You can check out his page at: