Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | W2ENY CIV computer interface Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY CIV computer interface
W2ENY  CIV computer interface Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $105
Description: icom single and 4 radio style interface for computer/radio
interconnection. comes with cd with 3rd party software and interconnecting cables.
More info: http://members.fortunecity.com/w2eny/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY CIV computer interface.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2008 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an ICOM 756 Pro II and needed a good interface to connect to the computer. I found this and it works great. Followed Bob's instructions and CD info and it is plug and play. Had HRD up and running fine.
I highly recommend but follow instructions carefully.

K0UA Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2008 18:03 Send this review to a friend
works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works well for me, nice workmanship, didn't think I would need the cable extension , but I did, and was very glad he sent it along also. good quick start info. I had my interupt's swapped for com1 and com2, in the old pc, but his well written quick start guide got me on the right track quickly. I got HRD up and running in no time. Good product at a good price.
Jim
K0UA

KK0DJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2007 12:50 Send this review to a friend
W2ENY ROCKS!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have to admit I was very skeptical. I looked at this item on Ebay and wondered. How could a guy make something so inexpensive if Icom charges so much - there has to be a catch. No catch, no problems. I asked Bob a few questions via email before I bought it and was satisfied with his answers. It came, I plugged it in and miracle of miracles - it worked just like he said. I highly recommend Bob and his CIV interface for the IC706MkIIG

AC0FA Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2006 07:30 Send this review to a friend
IC-756 CT-17  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow Great customer service!
Bob W2ENY has some interface cables on e-bay this time of year. He sold over 1800 cables and every one is happy. I can see why.

I recently ordered an interface cable from Bob Langston and it was the wrong part that didn't look like the picture. OOPS oh well mistakes happen. Mistakes are the BEST opportunity to gauge a sellers customer service.

BOB did a lot of things right.

1) Bob realized the mistake before I even recieved it.

2) He sent me an e-mail apologising for the mistake.

3) Bob Promptly refunded my money,

4) Bob allowed me to keep the incorrect cable in hopes I could use it for a scanner or something.

I was surfing e-bay with $30.00 my account. I decided to check and see if BOB's supplier sent him the right cable (opc-478)in the last couple of weeks.

Sure enough BOB has the cable in stock. It looks like a good quality unit with plenty of shielding and sealed connecors. It comes with a CD filled with computer controlled freeware for the ICOM and instructons.

Sure you could find a cable for less drop shipped from china with no shielding no software and poor quality connectors on each end and the shipping costs more than the cable.
But why would you want to do that?
W2ENY is right here in the USA.

If you are interested in computer controlled
interface with loging software and have 30 bucks in your pocket give bob W2ENY a try.

Erik AC0FA

N5XYO Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2004 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Piece of cake!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This one is a no-brainer. Works fine...easy to hook-up and did I mention that ordering was a breeze! Bob is a stand-up guy and everything I've ordered from him works just as described and I know he stands behind his work.

NE2I Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2002 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Good unit works!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Good unit works as advertised. lots of free shareware on cd and good information on his
Website.