Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Gulf Alpha 2 Meter 7 Element Long Boom Cross Polarized Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Gulf Alpha 2 Meter 7 Element Long Boom Cross Polarized Yagi
Gulf Alpha 2 Meter 7 Element Long Boom Cross Polarized Yagi Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $129
Description: This is a dual polarity antenna designed for vertical polarization on FM and horizontal for SSB.
More info: http://www.gulfalphaantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the Gulf Alpha 2 Meter 7 Element Long Boom Cross Polarized Yagi.

K4KD Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2013 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Very well built antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my 7 elm cross polarized 2 meter with 450 Mhz vertical polarized added today.

I won't be able to put it on the tower for a while but just opening the box I can say that this antenna will outlast me. It is well made with solid elements and professional parts.

Pete is a great guy and I look forward to using this beam.

K6ZRX Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2010 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Good, when you finally get it.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got the 8 element version of this antenna. It works very well, and is reasonably well built. The worst part of this antenna is the wait and excuses about why it has not shipped. I waited over 6 months for delivery! Unacceptable! Now, maybe you find one used at a swap meet and get it right away. The boom was drilled well, with everything lining up well and elements square. The only thing is the blocks that mount the elements have their holes drilled too close together. The nuts are so close you must use a Cresent wrench, can't get a socket on them. There were no instructions included, which shouldn't be a problem if one knows a little about antennas. The matching boxes were filled with silicone grease, very messy but hopefully it will keep water out. Both polarizations tuned up well with good SWR, as checked with an Aeroflex 3500A Overall quality is good for an antenna meant for home use. The antenna works well with my simple 2M SSB/FM station. Also, worked well to find which of our Sheriff simulcast transmitters was stuck keyed. The two sites are only about 20 degrees apart at my locations, and I got a nice peak in signal in the offending direction, so the pattern seems good.

N9HUA Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2007 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Best VHF/UHF antennas around!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased mine in March 2002 and install it when it arrived a month and a half later. It has been up since and has performed flawlessly with a variety of radios including the Kenwood TS-711, Icom IC-207, Icom IC-746 and now a Kenwood TS-2000. Easy to assemble and built to last. Iíve read the other reviews and found it hard to believe there was anything that could be improved upon with this antenna.

WA8GRI Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2007 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Built like a battleship and works like a dream  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the very first yagi with a square boom. Have been licensed for over 44 years and the Gulfalpha has to be the best 2 meter yagi I've found.I dropped the antenna two times while I was trying to put it on a tripod ontop of my garage. Both times, a pair of pliers and a few bends and it was as good as new. Finaly raised it
22' above the ground and my first contact was a repeater 174 miles away. SSB works out to 200+ miles with no problem. If you want quality and performance then this is the only way to go.

N9MSH Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2007 14:05 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Actually i have the 8 ele. cross. construction was 1rst rate, no missing parts every hole lined up. It was nice to actually purchase an antenna that didn't have to de-burred. Pete was very friendly and delivered on time and answered all my questions. i liked it so much i ordered the 70cm. version which was just as good as my 2mtr. swr was better than expected for both of the antennas. packaging would have even stood up to airport baggage handlers, and we all know how gentle they are with are luggage Hi Hi.

N2MCY Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2005 09:38 Send this review to a friend
good ant great customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
2 years old I was very impressed with the construction and profromance it worked great. I had just one problem i lost the hard ware package when I put it together and had to use some other screws to close the balan box not thinking I used steel screws the wrong size diden't get it closed right well when the swr got hi I took it down and the screws rusted I thought OH well. The other day I call gulf alpha to see if he could sell me the boxes. Hs Said No But I would be happy to send me replacements. On Friday a abox arrived with 6 repacements No Charge or shipping
GREAT SERVICE

KC0PDF Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2004 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fast and Easy to put it all together.
Very well made.
Very low SWR.
Great gain.

Saved some money by getting it (on or off) E=Bay

KA7SAG Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2003 02:09 Send this review to a friend
good antenn  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Only problem is to watch out to not over tighten. Works very well and takes somewhat of a beating via vibrations. I would give it a 9 out of 10. Good instructions, easy for me to tune. It took me about an hour to build. Also dis assembles easily and parts are marked.