Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Simplex Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Simplex
Begali Simplex Reviews: 103 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $136.80 + 9.50 shipping
Description: Iambic paddles with a 1.4kg gold plated base, manufactured using numerical controlled machinery.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Simplex.

K2TTM Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 19:37 Send this review to a friend
It Just Works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my Begali Simplex for about a year now and every time I use it I smile. This single lever paddle is a thing of beauty. It works as well as it looks and that's saying a lot. I got the gold plated model and a set of the drilled aluminum finger pieces with it.

My only "complaint" is that, despite it's substantial weight, at times it would slip on my glass desk top when I was trying to send QRQ. My solution was to drill 4 holes in a 1/4" thick piece of plywood for the feet to fit into snugly, then I added blue painters tape to the underside of the plywood and voila, no more movement no matter how hard I slap those paddles.

I also have a Bencher ST-1 single lever paddle which I've had for over 20 years and still use on occasion, but I always come back to the Begali.

I've thought about adding a Begali HST but I keep wondering how much better could it possibly be?

The only other single lever paddle I've owned was one of K8RA's fine P-6 single lever paddles. It was beautifully made but for me I found it to be somewhat noisy in use, especially compared to the much quieter Begali. Purely subjective on my part, but there you have it.

Mike Sparks
K2TTM

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was able to get my Begali Simplex at the Plano Ham-Com in 2010. Bruna was state-side for the convention and was great to deal with. I was able to meet and briefly chat with Piero at the 2011_Ham-Com and share with him how much I appreciated his fine craftsmanship with the Simplex I had purchased the prior year.

The Begali Simplex is a great paddle and it shares space on my desk with a P-4 by K8RA that I got 4Q2011.

They both get equal time at my station.

Great investments for quality paddles that will last forever.

Nolan Kienitz
Plano, TX
KI5IO

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2012 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Magnifico 2x  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well 2 weeks later made a cw qso. Simple callsign exchange and signal report with a friend while brushing up on cw and I can't stop admiring this work of art. Michelangelo couldn't have done better and the accuracy of the tone works very well. Thought I was at 3-5 wpm but my friend says it was more like 10-12 wpm and I believe the key made the difference. 2 weeks later and Mr. Pietro Begalli is still thanking me but it should be me thanking him. Get 1 or 2, you won't be disappointed. This is my key and company for life. Customer service was awesome. 73 de KH6DC

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 21:35 Send this review to a friend
Magnifico  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I opened the box and unpacked it, the gold Simplex. It sits on my desk and I don't want to use it to get finger prints on this precision work of art. I'm refreshing/relearning CW to get up to speed and work friends who needs Hawaii CW for their awards chasing. The Begali Simplex is the reason that prompted me to get into CW.

KF7BYU Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2011 01:35 Send this review to a friend
Bravo!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Perfect performance combined with graceful design. A complete joy to use. Fast delivery from some of the most gracious people on the planet. I will be replacing my other keys with Begali designs as soon as my budget permits. Thank you Pietro for all of the hard work. Your masterpiece of a design puts you at the very top of the world in fine CW instruments. If you need the best, call on Pierto Begali.

PA3S Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2011 01:02 Send this review to a friend
Just great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am not a good cw operator (yet), but wile practicing the Morse code is a confidence to know that every mistake is all mine :-) It is a great key, and compared to my Signature not at all less. This one I ordered at Begali, and the kindness of Miss Bruna is beyond everything I have ever experienced. Thank you so much!

But! If there is a downfall, it is the pricing on the website. I ordered a key that costs 139,- euro on the website. I ordered the key with cold contacts (30,00 euro). Then the bombshell, transport and tax. This means that I have to pay 226,- euro! The key is worth every cent no doubt, but I think that the price on the website is slightly misleading.

K0RU Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 10:31 Send this review to a friend
It was my first Begali, then I was hooked  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this Begali Simplex key for many years and simply love it. Its not my primary key anymore the (Begali Pearl Key is now), however I still admire the craftmanship and beauty of all Begali's products.

You will truely enjoy a masterpiece once you purchase a Begali.

73 - Rob
K0RU

G0CVL Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2011 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My palladium based simplex arrived this morning.
I've used many keys over the years, and have been using a Kent TP-1 for quite a few years now.
I could never get the Kent "just so", so having consulted and read as much possible, I took the plunge.
Well, I have to say, this key is like a scalpel, compared to the "penknife" Kent !
It is so accurate, I can feel the difference between the plastic paddles, and the aluminium ones !
It's like using micro switches instead of contacts !
Virtually no gap, little tension ? No problem.
No bounce, no flex, no drag, pure accuracy.
It is also a thing of great beauty.
Service is incredible, as is speed of delivery.
BRAVO maestro Pierro and your gracious daughter Bruna.
EXTRORDINARY !!

Spike - G0CVL

NN6T Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was very happy when the Paddle arrived 7 days from the date I placed the order !!
The paddle is a work of Art and the feel is wonderful.............

M0PCB Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2010 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Just perfection...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked mine up from a well known auction site. What a wonderful key. What more can you say!