Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Simplex Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Simplex
Begali Simplex Reviews: 103 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $136.80 + 9.50 shipping
Description: Iambic paddles with a 1.4kg gold plated base, manufactured using numerical controlled machinery.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Simplex.

G0CVL Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2011 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My palladium based simplex arrived this morning.
I've used many keys over the years, and have been using a Kent TP-1 for quite a few years now.
I could never get the Kent "just so", so having consulted and read as much possible, I took the plunge.
Well, I have to say, this key is like a scalpel, compared to the "penknife" Kent !
It is so accurate, I can feel the difference between the plastic paddles, and the aluminium ones !
It's like using micro switches instead of contacts !
Virtually no gap, little tension ? No problem.
No bounce, no flex, no drag, pure accuracy.
It is also a thing of great beauty.
Service is incredible, as is speed of delivery.
BRAVO maestro Pierro and your gracious daughter Bruna.
EXTRORDINARY !!

Spike - G0CVL

NN6T Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was very happy when the Paddle arrived 7 days from the date I placed the order !!
The paddle is a work of Art and the feel is wonderful.............

M0PCB Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2010 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Just perfection...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked mine up from a well known auction site. What a wonderful key. What more can you say!

W5EHM Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2010 08:16 Send this review to a friend
A piece of art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the Simplex paddle from Begali. The email exchanges were prompt and provided all the necessary information requested and Bruna was a real pleasure to work with. Everything promised, in terms of time lines, product and delivery were met. It is commendable and refreshing to do business with a company that actually met or exceeded all that was promised.

I ordered the gold base and though it came with the long black plastic finger pieces, they also included a set of red, long, aluminum finger pieces that I prefer. With this combination, the key is quite pleasing to my eye.

The paddle is awesome, if a long time ham is allowed to say that. The craftsmanship is without doubt outstanding and truly a piece of art. More importantly, the performance is remarkable. Though I had doubts as to giving up my Bencher, the Simplex has far exceeded my expectations. I like close spacing and very little spring pressure and this key is adjustable to those personal requirements. The setup is quick and easy. The only time involved was the soldering of the connecting cable and that too, was not an issue.

Great job Begali and thanks to all!

K3STX Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2010 05:20 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my Simplex today, and so far I really like it. I don't LOVE it yet, I have to get it adjusted first. I am getting extra characters at close contact spacing with very light tension above 35 wpm, it goes away with extra tension. I assume it is me and my sending will "adapt" with the paddles.

It is truly a work of art, and the service from Begali is unbelievable. I wish American companies worked this well!! And with the price of the Euro... NOW is the time to buy it!! I used Kent TP-1 paddles for a few years, I think these will exceed this for CW. This Simplex will replace my cheap Black Widow Paddle. The Black Widow is cheap ($50) kit, works well, but it not on the same league (not it is supposed to be).

One "complaint": why is it designed so that when I hook up my keyer cable to the connectors, under the base, that the dot and dash contact bars fall out!? Of course I can tighten them up, but getting the dot/dash contacts "aligned" is one of the most important adjustments for a key, why should it be left for ME to get it right. For a piece of precision engineering I would think this adjustment should not be left to the end user, it is vital to having the key work properly and should be SET by Begali, not by me.

Other than this gripe, thus far I am happy. Also, people complain of the flimsy "dust cover". I think it is great and does not look cheap at all, it is a dust cover, not a plexiglass cage intended to protect your key from dropping a boatanchor on top of it.

NT4Z Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2010 03:30 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I need to correct something I said. I have had a Begali Simplex for over 5 years and I have not had to adjust it yet. I have just ordered another one and have had a little problem with communications but this was due to them being at the Dayton Hamvention. Again, it is a great product. I have some cheaper ones but they don't measure up to a Begali.

K4MPE Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2010 22:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I won't repeat all the previous reports on the excellent service Bruna provided for her father. They have an excellent product line and she does and excellent job getting them out. The paddle was on my desk in a little over 2 weeks after placing the order.
I have owned many paddles in my 51 years of hamming. My main paddles now are the Begali and one of my old friends...the Bencher BY2. The other 3 are in boxes in storage. The Simplex is an excellent paddle to use and makes sending more easy for my aging fingers.
I'm sure any paddle you order from Begali will be the same excellence that this one is. Try one!

HL2DYS Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2010 17:11 Send this review to a friend
BEST ONE, GOOD SERVE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's a very good keyer...

es very good serve.

Why don't you injoy the best one?

73 de HL2DYS

W0AZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Best Paddle/Best Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used a lot of paddles over the years, and currently own and continue to use three . . . the Begali, a Bencher, an NAT.

The Simplex has the best "touch" I've ever felt.

It absolutely will not walk under a heavy hand. It can be set extremely close and light and still feel crisp. It holds its settings.

It is beautiful to look at, and is very reasonable priced.

Mr. Begali and his family send me a Christmas e-mail every year. Wonderful people. Terrific service. Extraordinary paddles--clearly, a labor of love.

You can pay a LOT more for a quality paddle, but you cannot buy a better paddle.

K6WAC Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2009 01:58 Send this review to a friend
perfect!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the Simplex last year and have used it as my primary keyer every since. This is the best possible iambiac for the price. The smooth operation and easy adjustment make it a pleasure to use. The Begali has turned me into a brass pounder that rarely ventures to the upper parts of the bands. A valuable addition for any serious CW operator.