Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | Electroplate badge Help

Reviews Summary for Electroplate badge
Electroplate badge Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $59.
Description: This 24k GOLD ELECTROPLATE badge is only 2.5 " wide and 3" long, standard badge size. It is a BADGE you will be proud to wear. It tells the world you are an AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. It tells them you are a HAM. It gives them your name and call sign, your class, your license date, and your state.
More info: http://ssl.maxsell.com/productdetails.aspx?productID=2011

You can write your own review of the Electroplate badge.

W1ASA Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2009 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Badge  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one for over 2 years. And it's still the best looking badge that I've ever seen. I would recommend these for any Ham in Races or Ares. One other note the company that makes them is now know as Maxarmory and not Maxsell. Like a earlier post said "Go ahead and tickle your vanity". You'll be glad you did.

K9ZBM Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2008 21:46 Send this review to a friend
NICE Badge!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Call me Vain! But I have wanted one of these badges for several years. I ordered the badge on-line back in mid-January. It arrived just one month after the order. The quality and finish of the badge is excellent. The leather belt case I ordered is also first rate. The price is reasonable for the quality of the badge and case. (Go ahead and tickle your vanity!)

Jim K9ZBM

KD5JJP Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2007 16:50 Send this review to a friend
very nice badge  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I finally got my badge and I am very impressed. the owner of the company finally got involved. Seems the manager that he had hired was not doing his job, so got rid of him and now everything is running smoothly. Since my last post I was so happy to see the correct badge that I forgot to repost, that I had received it, It only took a month to get the right badge from time I posted last.

KD5JJP Rating: 4/5 Sep 7, 2007 11:26 Send this review to a friend
receive badge  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the badge 09/06/07 this is the 2nd badge I have received and this one was wrong as well they mispelled my county. Called the Co and talked to the owner He could not belive it said to keep the badge and he would send another one we will cross our fingers and hope it is correct this time When it come in I will let everyone know.
kd5jjp

KD5JJP Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2007 14:10 Send this review to a friend
nice badge takes a long time to receive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would just like to say that I ordered a badge in Dec 06. It took them till April to get the bagde to me. They cashed my credit card back in Jan before the badge was made. Then when I got the badge my call sign was wrong although the product looked like it was going to be fine I could not use it with the worng call sign. Sent it back the same day, still have not heard anything from them. When you call them you get a differant answer every time as to why the badge is not ready. Today, May 25 they offered my money back but only when asked them if they would do so. I would like to receive the badge as it is a nice looking badge so I'll give them a little more time. When I do get the badge I'll feel everyone in on when it gets here.

kd5jjp

ON4SKY Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2004 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Back to the business !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,

For some years no company could provide ham radio callsigns engraved on a bronze badge.
After some months of search and requests here and there, I eventually found a new company able to resume this business, MAXSELL in the U.S.A.

I provided to his salesman John Stuart a master die of an original badge bought from the previous company Westid in order they try to reproduce exactly the original badge. This procedure last over six months.

By chance John found the designer who was able to reproduce the badge to the identical up to details of the equipment engraved in the background.

As the old one, this new badge is electrogolden or silvered on a bronze plate, with a deep blue or black text of your choice. The surface is domed.

This is an excellent work.
You will find more info at :

The first orders are currently sent. They arrive in a small parcel post, perfectly protected. You cannt really not protect them better ;-)

Keep up the good job John !

NB. If you order a badge from overseas, add about $18 for handling/shipping.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY

ONL5183 Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2002 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered two of these callsigns engraved on 24k gold electroplate, a beltclip and a flap models.
This way this is for me easier to display them in a symmetrical way on my desk with two different texts.

The badges arrive dby airmail in a parcel (box), each protected in a plastic sheet. I encoutered no problem either with the toll or potential extra charges or with any defect.

The badge displays an excellent quality, it is large, 3" long, heavy, bright, gold colored and I especially noticed that the text engraved is well readable, enhanced using a deep blue color of the best effect. The background design is also very accurate.

Living abroad and using not the US license classification, I did not use the standard text provided but I customized the badges writing for example on one a 20 years of practice celebration :

Thierry Lombry
ONL5183

S.W.L.

20 YEARS
1979-99

and on the other one a more convential text, where the callsign is placed in the middle, between the antenna (towers).

Even using my text (that I checked of course previously from the picture published on the web in order that its lenght and size could be inserted in the space available) as expected the manufacturer had no problem to place all characters on the limited space available on the badge.

However the wallet or beltclip is not of the best quality (there are not in leather but simili) but the matter is thick, warranty of longevity. This is however not of a great importance as the badges will be displayed on my desk only.

The flap model comes with a pin on the back and a protected sleeve in suede in the front. A form has been cut in the flap where the badge is inserted and maintened by its pin.

NB. When ordering the badge I encountered a communication problem when exchanging e-mails with Joe Glenn, the manufacturer, but then he immediately satisfied my request using my VISA and the secure form available on his website.

Should I place a new order if needed ? Surely.
The overall aspect is really beautiful, and I appreciate them very much.

Thierry, Luxembourg