Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | Ottavio Bevione IK1PML QSL shop Help

Reviews Summary for Ottavio Bevione IK1PML QSL shop
Ottavio Bevione IK1PML QSL shop Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $158 for 1500 QSL
Description: Ottavio Bevione IK1PML is known worlwide for his quality QSL Printing shop. He provides also Ham maps, Caps, Depliants and execute any other printing order.
More info: http://www.lakesnet.it/bevione/

You can write your own review of the Ottavio Bevione IK1PML QSL shop.

F8WAK Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2013 22:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having met Ottavio at a hamfest at Tours, I sent him a jpeg file along with some rough ideas of what I thought the card should look like and asked him for suggestions. He transformed my ideas into a card that was much better than what I had originally envisioned. His immediate response to my emails was both helpful and friendly. About a week later the cards arrived.

Rare to say from some of my experiences on the internet, the process was a pleasure. I have no hesitation at all in recommending IK1PML QSL Shop!

LX3SKY Rating: 2/5 Sep 12, 2003 19:15 Send this review to a friend
Can improve  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi

I used Bevione's QSL for over 1 year now. They live well but some, due to plasticized cover begin to scroll. Another hams also observed such phenomenon but I didn't beleive him at that time. Now that I see it after have place the cards on my desk, one can say that Bevione has to improve its printing process to avoid such problem in the future that does not happens with QSL from his Italian concurrents (up to now...).

Thierry
ON4SKY
ex-ONL5183

F5IDJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2003 13:28 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used to order my qsl via e-mail with Ottavio. He sends the project by mail too, so if you want some modifications it's really easy. Usually in a month, my QSL are at home. I have made 7 differents QSL with him without any trouble. With IK1PML I'm sure the result is GOOD.

ONL5183 Rating: 3/5 Oct 21, 2002 01:43 Send this review to a friend
Could improve  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,

According my experience I feel that this enterprise is really of a family size with all what such concept means about quality control and servicing.

I ordered 9000 QSL that I designed myself and paid cash on mid-august and I received the result... mid october only, even after have requested a faster servicing due to the accumulation of my back log (2500 QSL in 5 months).

In short, it seems that the first time Bevione received my request on his wrong mailbox. All is said in this fact...

A closer look.
The back side of the QSL I received home is 100% correct but the front side is not exactly what I expected, mainly in terms of colors (I am maybe too severe as I've been a professional photographer but I see a slight green dominance on the sunset picture, as the sky is not as blue as expected, something like a CCG10 in density, very very light but visible).

Detail.
During the all process, there were regularly minors typewriting errors in the text written on the back of my QSL like if the operators didn't save their results, what requested several emails with Bevione who quickly accepted to correct the text, and even to add some logo some weeks before the date line.

Amazingly, for the back side I received a copy for appreciation after each correction I did (what was really a mandatory).
So there are some negatives points but also some positives ones in his way of working (but seen from a customer side these successives emails are only an ordinary feedback, nothing exceptional from my point of view).

However I never received a draft of the front cover, excepting the first time, when I sent my request. Bevione printed a draft of the front side of my QSL on an inkjet printer, telling me "sorry for the green dominance, but this is for a test for a first evaluation". At thta moment I appreciated his fast reply but indeed the dark blue sky was apple-green ! He sent me also several other copies my post, using different fonts and colors as I requested.

Since that time I requested some minor change on the text written on the picture (the callsign, QTH locator, the color frame, etc) what Bevione accepted friendly to change, but without to send me a new copy for appreciation.

Some weeks later...
I felt quickly we approached the date line to made corrections and I requested to Bevione to send me a last copy of the front side of my QSL for a last check (or a first one depending your point of view).
I never received it nor comments and 2 weeks later... I received an heavy parcel post at home : the QSL were all there in small plastic sleeves of 100 to 500 QSL each, but of course they all displayed a slight dominance...

And this error is not in my mind... When I compare this picture with the original version I sent him, there is a world apart... and professionnally speaking I am not satisfied at all by the front side printing.
Worst this is like if he didn't read my recommendations for the front side: the picture is also left-shifted in place of be right-shifted, as mentionned in my first post.

However I suspect that for anybody the picture and the sunset could "looks fine", so I use the QSL "as it" (without problem).

So due to this lack of feedback, next time I am not sure to work again with Bevione, excepting if his quality control and feedback to the customers are improved. I paid a lot for this service and I should appreciate in the future better communications with the customer.

As there are however some positives points in this review, I globally accept to rate his work 3/5, "OK" but in reality I should tell you that he "needs help" and rate his job 2/5 only. Therefore I qualify his job as "Could improve".

Everybody made errors but some people do more than others. So I hope this review will help Bevione in improving his quality service, as I deeply feel he is doing his best to satisfy the hu-uge amount of requests he receives for years.

Hope this helps.

Thierry
ONL5183

ON4CCP Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2002 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Good service  Time owned: more than 12 months
We already ordered 3 different QSLs (2x a color double printed card and 1x a double folded double printed QSL card). Never had any problem, always correct on time, no errors, great service and very flexible payment possibilites and a good price.

73S ON4CCP.