Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Postal Key Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Postal Key
Begali Postal Key Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $96.00 + 9.50 shipping
Description: The replica of a 1861 Swiss postal key, created in commemoration of the 125th anniversary of the birth of Guiglielmo Marconi.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Postal Key.

K3DNF Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2011 11:17 Send this review to a friend
art meet engineering  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my second serious CW key, but so far my favorite. I will say up front, if you want a utility key to use often, this key does ride very high off the table, and may not the the most utilitarian key by far. I actually bought it more for collecting and display, but once I felt the precision engineering, I was hooked. I quickly ordered a different model from Begali for routine use. The sheer weight and feel of this key lets you immediately know this is of the highest quality. The tolerances are tight. No wobble whatsoever. Like I said, it won't be my every day key, but what a beautiful show piece, and primer for a good history discussion of radio for anyone who happens to ask.

BWOETTKE Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2004 12:57 Send this review to a friend
Einsteins Key  Time owned: more than 12 months
The good Swiss postal workers who used the original of this key were certainly not high speed cw operators. Come to think of it, they probably were not high speed anything, but solid and dependable through and through. And that's what this beautiful replica is. It works quite well, although, if I were to judge it purely as a cw instrument, the knob his riding too high above the table to feel really comfortable for an extended SKN. But this is, of course, not just a key - it is a beautifully finished conversation piece that is probably much better engineered than the original ever was. And with 3.5 pounds it will sit stubbornly on your desk - Einstein used one like these as a paper weight, and the man certainly knew something about mass and inertia. You need one even if you're not a dedicated cw operator!

KV7X Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2004 09:36 Send this review to a friend
A great conversation piece  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have this key sitting on my office desk, next to my Blackberry, and it rarely fails to elicit remarks from fellow employees, most of whom have never seen or touched a telegraph key.

The craftsmanship on this key is very nice, as is the case with all Begali products.