Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Cable Experts CXP1318 Help

Reviews Summary for Cable Experts CXP1318
Reviews: 34 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $1.04
Description: CXP1318FX Flexible strd BC cntr foil+95% braid 2.7db 400MhHz NC/DB/UV jkt.
More info: http://www.cablexperts.com

You can write your own review of the Cable Experts CXP1318.

K9IUQ Rating: 1/5 Oct 19, 2016 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Look Elsewhere  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a 100ft roll and a 3ft jumper complete with PL-259 connectors attached at the Radio Expo hamfest in Belvidere, Il several weeks ago. Cable Experts had a nice booth setup showcasing their cable products. I talked to a knowledgeable rep called Sam.

Weeks later upon installing the 3 ft cable I found high SWR. I checked the cable with my ohm meter and it was shorted. Email to Cable Expert brought NO response.

Now,I do not TRUST the connectors on the 100 ft roll and will replace them before using the cable. I cannot tell if Cable Experts used crimp or solder PL-259s. I will NEVER buy cable from them again. Buyer Beware.

KE5PZ Rating: 2/5 Jul 15, 2016 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Quality Way Down Hill  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently bought a pre-made 100 ft RG8X coax to replace a 13 year old similar one. The old cable had heavy duty silver plated PL259s soldered and covered with heat shrink from the cable,over the adapter and up on the base. The new cable had cheap crimp connectors with short base and no heat shrink. The cable jacket was so thin that I could feel the contour of the shield through it. OK, so it's not the good old days but the contrast in quality from the same company was drramatic.

N4BNO Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Professional Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was unsure of the cable needed for my application. One phone call solved it all. Recommendation was quick and on the mark. Shipping was prompt. Cable quality and connector installation was excellent. You will not go wrong if you choose to deal with Cable Experts.

KE4JOY Rating: 4/5 Jun 30, 2014 14:35 Send this review to a friend
No its not LMR400  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This cable does not claim to be a substitute for LMR400.

It is a more flexible 50 ohm cable with relative low loss. Best used for short jumpers and lead outs to connection points. Its biggest strong point is its flexibility.

The jumpers I got from Cable experts have compression type Pl259 connectors and have yet to fail even with near daily handling for disconnecting to avoid lightning damage.

K4BAD Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Can't go wrong with them  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Superb quality and service.No problems with bad Pl-259 plugs or bad mini RG-8 cable feed line and jumpers.Their cable finder(plug in feed line length,power level,and frequency and get recommended cable types) was very helpful.

K9FN Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Just what I needed.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have usually purchased cable from Cable X-Perts at Hamfests, and planned to do so again this year at the Ft. Wayne, IN hamfest... but then decided that what I really wanted was a custom length of their 1318FX w/PL259s on each end. These folks are very friendly, and, if I wanted they would have made up the cable I wanted, and I could have picked it up at the 'fest, to save shipping... but I decided that I did not want to carry it around, so I had them ship it. When it arrived it was exactly as requested, very well made and now I am glad to say that all of the coax in my shack is of the same quality.

N9BNO Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2012 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Helpful products  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the guys at Cable Experts make all my in-shack jumpers. I use PL-259, BNC, Type N and a few others. This way I got the cable type I want, with the connector I want, in the length I need. ( I spent some time with a clipboard and a tape measure. )
I cleaned out all those adapters, splices, pieces of mis-matched wire and now the shack is a much better place.
Have never had any problems with their products.

WP4O Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2011 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Great quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I order all my cables from Cablxperts.
all my vhf/uhf/shf antennas are using Cablxperts LMR 600. I also use there CXP1318 for jumpers with type N connectors and cxp 1318 for my hf beam. great quality rapid turn around and they listen too you and work with you patiently.
Price is cheaper per foot than the other competitors and there cable is Top of line.
73 catch you on the Bands
Ed
Wp4o

N9XHL Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2010 11:54 Send this review to a friend
What More Could You Ask For?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently ordered six cables. Lightning fast shipping; two days at max. Very professional looking construction. Pass the pull test, no loose connectors here. No opens or shorts as appropriate. UV resistant, direct buriable. Meets specs I need. Terrific customer service before and after the sale. Could not have asked for more. Was a little hesitant buying because of some previous poor reviews. Would not hesitate to purchase again. This was my first experience with Cable Experts, but I'm sure I'll be a repeat customer based on this experience.

K3DLB Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2007 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Cable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased 75 feet of Cable Experts CXP1318 from HRO last year. I've had no problems with it. The quality is very good and the connectors are fine. I also purchased 75 feet of their RG8/U at the same time. That cable has also been very good. I would not hesitate to buy more Cable Experts products.