Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N5QVF Magnetic Iambic Key Help

Reviews Summary for N5QVF Magnetic Iambic Key
N5QVF Magnetic Iambic Key Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $750. USD
Description: Iambic Magnetic Key
More info: http://www.spechobbies.com

You can write your own review of the N5QVF Magnetic Iambic Key.

NB1R Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2002 21:58 Send this review to a friend
Fine instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After several e-mail exchanges and a phone call, Dario sent me the plain brass key. It arrived and was as I'd hoped it would be. A solid, mirror finished beauty. But I bought it to send CW, and in that category it is unbeatable. It is set up in the most logical configuartion that I've seen. The contact spacing is straightforward and can be held to a whisker! The magnets make for crisp settings that hold. No clicks, and no horizontal movement of the "L" arms. Simple to set up and use. I am a WW2 cw op and have used many, many keys. This one will always be on the desktop.
Ned, NB1R

N5MO Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2002 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Precise and Smooth, Super Quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's been a real pleasure to use one of N5QVF's Magnetic Iambic Keys. There is obvious attention to detail here and the results show it. The four ball bearing races make for a very precise and smooth action. The magnetic tension is easy to adjust and once you set it you can forget it. It is a heavy key at 4 pounds but won't walk around on the desk. I have been a key collector and CW op for almost 15 years and have owned many fine iambic keys. In my experience this is one of the finest paddles that I have had the pleasure to use.