Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | AEA AT-3000 Antenna Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for AEA AT-3000 Antenna Tuner
AEA AT-3000 Antenna Tuner Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $1288.50
Description: Advanced Electronic Applications AT-3000: 3000 Watt antenna tuner. Settings and connections for: Two coax inputs with tuned or direct switching, dummy load, and balanced antenna. Dual read forward and reflected Wattmeter and SWR meter, uses 12V power supply to light. 30, 300, 3000 watt settings. Peak or Average watt reading settings. Transmitter, Antenna, and Reactance adjustments. Approximately 7.5" H x 15" W x 12" D

You can write your own review of the AEA AT-3000 Antenna Tuner.

AJ9K Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2012 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my AT-3000 new from AES many years ago, and have used it frequently, first with my SB220 1KW amp, now with my Elecraft KPA500. The AT-3000 handled both amps like a champ, with no problems, tuning dipoles and verticals from 10m to 80m. The power output as measured by the built-in watt meter tracks well with my Elecraft W2 watt meter. I'm happy with it.

K7NI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2010 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these I use with a 500 watt amp and haven't had any problems. It does what it's supposed to.

K9ZY Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2008 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Works Well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned the AT-3000 tuner now for several years, running SSB and use it only when pushing 600 to 800 watts through my Ameritron AL-811H. (Auto tuner for 100 watts in my Kenwood TS-450Sat.) No issues with the power, as another mentioned, even tuning the amp using CW mode at 800 watts. Tunes fine from 80 to 10 meters, as design specs call, and I use it for a multi-band beam designed for 20, 15, and 10, and it tunes in the 17 and 12 meter bands with ease, and again all bands from 80 to 10 on my W5GI co-linear which sees untuned VSWR as high as 5 plus to 1.

A former AEA employee contacted me a few years back and spoke highly of the the company and its engineering. I've opened mine up and find it clean and clear of any heat or arching signs. Very pleased with the performance. 73, Mark

WF7A Rating: 4/5 Jul 21, 2003 19:33 Send this review to a friend
AT-3000 A Solid Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently purchased my second AT-3000 (from eBay) after very reluctantly having to give up my first one because of a divorce settlement years ago; I'm happy to have another one in my shack again. Although I can't venture above 100W like you can, Shawn, I've never had any trouble with the tuner.

As an aside, I used to work for AEA in the early 1990s as one of their tech support reps/tech writers. About your comment that "...the AT-3000 was discontinued after a short while,wonder why?" it wasn't because it was a crappy tuner, but because of simple competition: MFJ was coming into its own as a competitor for many radio accessories and hams--being penny-conscious as they are--chose to purchase lower-priced tuners. It was a simple business decision not to produce any more AT-3000s because there just wasn't enough of a demand to continue manufacturing them.

True, the Nye Viking tuners are outstanding but you pay dearly to own one. Gee, sounds like a familiar argument, doesn't it? :-)

N1HOQ Rating: 1/5 Sep 25, 2002 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Not a high power tuner!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought one of these about ten years ago.A cheapy- Deluxe tuner that boasts 3000 watt power handling. Ran fine with 100 watts, but when running a 600 watt 572B amp through it, POOF! Cross needles went full tilt and match went way south. Returned it to the local startup dealer, and after a couple months, got it back. Same deal worked ok barefoot, but the measley 600 watt amp smoked it again. The local dealer went belly up, I threw up my hands, and have a nice ornament for the shack. It is sharp looking, just doesn't work worth beans. Never had the heart to dump it off on some poor unsuspecting OM.Bought a real tuner in the NYE Viking MBV-A and have been happy since with no problems. BTW, the AT-3000 was discontinued after a short while,wonder why? You get what you pay for. 73 de Shawn.