Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | SES Micro M+ Solar Charge Controller Help

Reviews Summary for SES Micro M+ Solar Charge Controller
SES Micro M+ Solar Charge Controller Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35
Description: A 4-amp solid state charge controller that can be powered by any 14.5v or higher power supply (solar panel or your hamshack PS). Uses PWM, will not overcharge batteries under load, and does not emit any RFI. Small enough to fit inside your rig!
More info: http://www.theheathkitshop.com/thesunlogicmicro.html

You can write your own review of the SES Micro M+ Solar Charge Controller.

WA3HRL Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2003 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Solar Charge Controller  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use the Micro M+ Charge Controller with a 64 watt solar panel and a 60AH gelled electrolyte battery to provide power for Field Day and portable operations.

It has worked flawlessly since I put the system together(I bought an assembled unit), and best of all, I don't have any RFI from the charge controller.

You can buy controllers with more features, but this has to be the best cost/performance ratio unit available.

KD7KGX Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2002 04:32 Send this review to a friend
Great gel cell charger!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this unit in my shack to keep my various gel cells charged and conditioned... from a 2.9AH cell in my Elecraft K2 to a pair of 40AH cells I use for emergency power.

This little controller works off of any DC power supply that can put out at least 14.5 volts. Mine is usually operated from a Radio Shack 3A PS that I've modified to put out 14.5v. My Micro M+ is built into a little plastic project box, with a 2.5mm coaxial DC input power jack, and two banana plugs for output power (color coded).

I can run this charger from a solar panel, a cigarette lighter (most auto alternators put out more than 14.5v when they detect a voltage drop), my RS power supply, or a modified 2A Toshiba Libretto power supply, so I can use it to charge my batteries anywhere.

I haven't found a better battery charger for the price.