Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Maldol MH-610 Help

Reviews Summary for Maldol MH-610
Maldol MH-610 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Maldol MH610

The Maldol MH-610 flexible antenna covers three bands: 2 meters, 220 and 430 MHz. Gain is: 0/1.8/3.2 dBi.
This antenna is 14 inches (36 cm) and terminates to an SMA plug.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2707.html

You can write your own review of the Maldol MH-610.

W8MPX Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 20:58 Send this review to a friend
best on 2 meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have A DIAMOND SRH320A HT antenna pay $50.00 dollars for IT but no difference ON MY kENWOOD D72A got a maldol MH-610,NOW i can transmit and receive better than the stock antenna and the diamond SRH320A. THIS IS THE BEST FOR 2 METER VERY

WB6ZRP Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2011 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Great over a stock Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does a good S unit over the stock Antenna of my TH-F6, or full quieting vs a noisy signal. You have to expect length, to increase Rx signal, so that to me is not a problem. If you want good gain u have to have some length.

WB5ITT Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2008 20:06 Send this review to a friend
MUCH better than the stock antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I gave this antenna a 5 because it certainly works better than the stock duckie that comes with the THF6...BUT the base could be better done and the length has often bothered me...
darn thing sticks me in the underarm when on the belt clip....Also dropping the talkie once BENT the antenna right at the point where the base and the whip meet..so I chopped a little off and scraped the antenna clean for a good connection...and it luckily still works...I am looking at the Comet HT224 as a replacement. shorter and similar gain figures...ANYTHING is better than the stock antenna :) The Comet looks more like the stock duckie and is 3 inches shorter than the MH610....I'll post that review once I get it...
Chris
WB5ITT
(I wrote and approved this review :)=

VE3OIJ Rating: 4/5 Oct 15, 2007 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Great on 220, good on the rest  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this on my F6A. It definitely improves performance over the rubber resistor on that band. Performance on 2m and 70cm is fine.

I use this outdoors a lot, so the fact that it is very flexible is very nice as a stiffer antenna would be getting bent/broken a lot.

The connector could use some strengthening... that would be my only complaint.

KA3SEI Rating: 3/5 Apr 28, 2006 16:45 Send this review to a friend
* NOT * for the VX6R!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There's nothing WRONG with this antenna, but it doesn't improve the performance of the VX6 at all. On 2m/220/440, the TX/RX was virtually identical. However, if you like to monitor shortwave (at night), the Maldol was deaf, but the stock duck actually pulled in some SW. For $45, I expected better results.

WA2MZT Rating: 3/5 Feb 27, 2006 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna But.....  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Performance of the MH-610 is really good. On the F6 it performed well. I am upset at a few things:

1)The stresses on the SMA connector are bad enough to break it. I lost 2 connectors this way because of this antenna. There is no stabilizer on the base like on the stock antenna. This would help (Maldol get a clue !!!!).

2)Having an antenna for 3 specific bands precludes use for scanning frequencies out of range. Reception on bands out of the range is not good. The stock antenna was better in this respect

3)The physical size is not practical. I place the radio in my pockets alot and find the antenna poking me from time to time.

Overall I would recommend the antenna ...just bear in mind the limitations. I think that I would get "rattails" for each band with a stable base and be done with it
Reed KI3L (ex-WA2MZT)

N4SJW Rating: 3/5 Sep 23, 2005 15:37 Send this review to a friend
No difference with stock ant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Can't really tell a difference compared to the stock antenna on my FT-60 or F6A.

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2004 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Work the World!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A whiz bang and must have addition to the wonderful Kenwood TH6. With this antenna you can work the world, actually! Well, the truth is I can easily get into my IRLP node on 222 without any difficulty. Great addition for those who need more than the stock antenna will provide and that's most everybody. Even though it is a bit long I have not managed to wreck it. It is releatively sturdy and significantly improves rx/tx. If you got a niffty TH6 tribander you need this antenna. Buy it and you will not be disappointed.

BIRDMAN Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2004 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have the Kenwood and this makes it sing!

KC2GOW Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2004 15:18 Send this review to a friend
LOVE IT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the TH-F6 and the stock antenna was horrible. So I got the MH-610, even though it is longer, well worth the $50. So far I have not regretted it. A must have for a F6A or VX7