Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Maldol MH-610 Help

Reviews Summary for Maldol MH-610
Maldol MH-610 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Maldol MH610

The Maldol MH-610 flexible antenna covers three bands: 2 meters, 220 and 430 MHz. Gain is: 0/1.8/3.2 dBi.
This antenna is 14 inches (36 cm) and terminates to an SMA plug.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2707.html

You can write your own review of the Maldol MH-610.

N9EF Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2003 09:14 Send this review to a friend
A Must-Have!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had very disappointing results with the stock TH6 antenna on 220. After reading the reviews of the MH610 on eHam I ran to my neighborhood Amateur Radio Toy Store and purchased one. The difference was amazing! Using one watt I was full quieting into a 220 repeater that I was noisy into using the stock antenna and 5 watts. I also noticed the S meter on the TH6 go from an S6 to an S9 while listening to the repeater and switching antennas. Here's a hint especially for those with larger fingers. The connector on the 610 leaves a bit to be desired. It may be difficult to grasp. Remove the jacket from a small piece of RG/8 (maybe about 7/16"). Slip the jacket over the SMA connector. The jacket should extend slightly below the end of the connector. This will make the connector easier to grip, and the jacket will sit tight against the top of the HT. See, you knew you were saving that old piece of RG/8 for something!

KI4ASK Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2003 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Required equipment!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you own the Kenwood TH-F6A tri-band HT, then this antenna is required equipment! There's just no comparison between the stock rubber duck antenna and the Maldol.

I have hit repeaters on 2m/220/440 with the Maldol, that the stock antenna just couldn't reach. Yes, the antenna is a bit longer than the stock antenna - but it's definitely worth the extra length.

Excellent antenna!

W1BKZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2003 14:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SUPER ANTENNA! But, be careful not to beat on it too hard. There is a lot of base stiffness, and could overstress the antenna connector. Performance can't be beat, however, especially on 220. de W1BKZ

W1SCB Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2003 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
It works, period end of story. The best of 4 antennas that I've tried on my TH6Fa. Had it for a year now and can not complain. Improves receive several S units (over stock) and hits the 'local' repeaters when the stock one won't. Never a complaint while using it, and several times have been told 'you aren't on the handheld, not from there are you?'.

W2KRP Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2003 14:02 Send this review to a friend
It does get out!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna that really goes on the 440 band. Hitting repeaters 50 miles away on 2 meters. Now if it would have been able to fix my low audio on the Yaesu VX-7, I'd be in real business!

KB1GXW Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2002 22:25 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for the F6A  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently started using the Maldol MH-610 on my F6A and can only sing it's praises. This antenna as dramatically improved the performance of my radio. In fact, an hour ago an F6A owning friend of mine was here at my house and was unable to bring up the 220 repeater we put on the air several weeks ago here in Boston. However I was able to bring it up fine. Full scale receive with my radio while he was only getting three bars.

I worked a public service event this weekend and was able to run Economy Low power all day (barely used half of one battery) and was getting into a local 2m repeater DFQ.

440 performance is not even a question, as the antenna does the best 440. When connected to an analyzer the antenna resonated at something like 430mHz.