Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil Goldline Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Goldline
Heil Goldline Reviews: 101 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $140.00
Description: Truly, the full-range microphone for all occasions - FM - AM -

You can write your own review of the Heil Goldline.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 19:00 Send this review to a friend
No. 1 Ham Professional Mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the GM series Duel Element mic for Icom radios. I have many years of audio experience, and have a sophisticated audio chain for my Icom Pro 2 into my amp. I have used many of the top rated Mics, and find the Heil GM series Duel Element Mic to top them all for ham radio.
I have often gotten unsolicited reports of Great Audio without my audio chain activated ! In my opinion, this mic can easily stand up to mics costing 2-3 times as both sound and fit and finish quality.

By accident, I broke the element switch. I sent it to the Heil Hospital and it was returned in lass than a week, with a new switch installed.NO CHARGE, even though i had enclosed my credit card info for billing !

I just recently bought the Heil Handi Mic, as I do not like the stock Icom hand Mic. Again, sound performance, and build quality for the price is amazing.

This is one great AMERICAN company, with first class products and service. Their cables and accessories are high quality as well. I will turn to Heil first for my Microphone and audio cable needs, and you should too.
N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2010 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Great GoldLine !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I never any problem whatsoever ! I even using the Xenyxe 802 on FT-847 not even the RF problem either !

I had this mike since 2001

Soon to be cw operatetor !
AA6TJ Rating: 2/5 Nov 25, 2010 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Not for me.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Goldline for my Yaesu FT-950. It had serious RF problems. Heil's website suggests unscrewing the ring nut to unground the microphone. I tried that. Heil's website also says to solder a wire in the microphone cable such that the microphone is grounded due to supposedly poor transceiver grounds. I tried that. Finally I solved the problem. I purchased a Yaesu MD100. Love it.
KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2010 19:41 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Audio!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Heil GM-4 was the first aftermarket microphone that I had purchased, which was for my Kenwood TS-2000. What a GREAT sounding microphone, especially using the wide setting for general ragchewing. I also have to mention the high quality construction of the microphone itself. I have since graduated to a Yaesu FT-2000, with the Heil PR-781, which is another well made, great sounding microphone produced by Heil.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2010 18:22 Send this review to a friend
"Great Audio...What R U Using?"  Time owned: more than 12 months
For a beginner, these words are priceless coming from a DX station! I use the GM-4 with my 775DSP and have heard no audio complaints, stateside or elsewhere.

Just bought the Quiet Phone Pro headset and the "iC" boom mic. Will post again after comparing the two mics.

Thanks Bob for another great product!
KC2BPP Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 17:55 Send this review to a friend
Best Mic for any Kenwood  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have both the HC-4 HC-5. I use both on my Kenwood TS-870. I was blown away when I first listen to it through the headphones. I spoke to a local on 1om and he said I sound great. Then he said lets go on 20M and see what reports I get. Every station i talk to said i sound great. I came through some but not all pile-ups with no problems...(HC-4). I tried it with my TS-50s and that little radio sounds like a big base rig. Other than the MC-60 I would not use any other Mic on my TS-870
KC9MSA Rating: 4/5 Jan 26, 2009 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Heil GMV - Vintage  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the GMV, it has the high impedence transformer for vintage rigs. I use it on my Drake TR7 and my TR4C, and get excellent audio reports. I am not sure why there is a switch on this mic, as it does nothing, but it is a great mic and I get a lot of good audio reports. I have recently added a Heil mic eq for good measure. I would recommend this mic!!!
K4FX Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2008 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this GM4 with a TS-940, a TS430, FT-857D, a IC-756, Flex SDR-1000, and lastly a IC-756 Pro II and it worked great on all of them, a very nice looking piece of gear too.

You won't be disappointed in this mic

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used GM 4 at our local Field Day from a local ham. It was wired for a Icom 746 Pro and i took it home to use on my Icom 746 non pro. It worked ok but i re wired it to my Kenwood TS 830S and now it work GREAT!! It has more than enough drive to fully modulate the '830.

N2ETJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2008 08:33 Send this review to a friend
6 year review  Time owned: more than 12 months
After many years of operation and thousands of contacts, I can say this mic has gotten me many many unsolicited comments of audio quality... using with 756Pro, 756Pro2 and now 756Pro 3. I now have added the W2IHY audio chain, but realistically, not needed. Thanks Bob for quality products and a Happy New Years to all.. see ya on the bands