Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | DCI VHF Filters Help

Reviews Summary for DCI VHF Filters
DCI VHF Filters Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $CALL
Description: General purpose filters used for reducing intermod.
More info: http://www.dci.ca/?Section=Products&SubSection=Amateur

You can write your own review of the DCI VHF Filters.

K7NG Rating: 4/5 Dec 1, 2002 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of the DCI 144-146 MHz and one of the 222-225 MHz filters. They WORK. They are temp stable, don't have too much insertion loss, and the signals that crossmodulate the frontend of my gear just aren't there anymore. It's a little surprising how many of the distant repeater or simplex signals you might hear come right up out of the noise when the RF environment presented to the receiver is rid of dozens of super-strong carriers...
They are a little fragile, so be careful - they are fine in a mobile installation if properly mounted and installed, but if you drop one off a workbench onto a concrete floor it might not be anything like the filter you bought.

73, K7NG

N8WLG Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2002 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live within 500 meters of major FM broadcast towers, all with greater than 1MW ERP. Before I added the DCI filter, EVERYTHING had some form of intermod/overload attached to it. Now I can hear a bad filter cap in a repeater 25 miles away! This unit cured ALL my intermod/front end overload problems, 100%! I would recommend these filters to anyone experiencing problems that conventional stubs will not cure. They work. Plain and simple.

KD4WOV Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2001 19:11 Send this review to a friend
What a filter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a huge problem with intermod. Even my comercial radios get swamped by inter mod. I put a UHF band pass filter in line and no more inter mod. most signals were increased by 3 s units due to the recievers not being swamped. i can now hear stations that were not even detecable.

KG5U Rating: 3/5 Feb 4, 2000 19:58 Send this review to a friend
DCI VHF & UHF Bandpass Filters = Outstanding perfo  Time owned: unknown months
A year or two ago, I was asked to spec the equipment for a ham station in our Emergency Operations Center at Johnson Space Center. Once the VHF/UHF radios were in place, it was patently and painfully obvious that BP filtering was necessary. Our dual-band vertical antenna was on the Mission Control Center roof in the antenna farm. DCI VHF and UHF filters were purchased and put in place and not a peep has been heard of intermod or any other effects. I bought a VHF BPF for the house and will now be buying a UHF filter now that I have a duo-band VHF/UHF radio. I'm even considering a pair for the car.

KL7DC Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2000 11:29 Send this review to a friend
They work!  Time owned: unknown months
Mega Dittos! It solved my intermod problems on the 2 mtr base station here in Eagle River, AK ( a suburb of Anchorage). Well worth the money. 73.

AC5AA Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 1999 17:57 Send this review to a friend
It really works!  Time owned: unknown months
My IC-706mkII has the typical horrible intermod on 2m. For this reason and because of reported failures of a diode in the the 2m front end caused by RF coupled from the HF antenna on the car, I decided to install the DCI-146-4H filter. It is superb. I can drive right through Austin's intermod alley and never hear a peep from the rig. Receive sensitivity does not appear to be degraded. I'm very pleased, and it's built to last a long, long time.

KC2EZV Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 1999 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Something that works the way it is supposed to!  Time owned: unknown months
I live in NYC, right across from the World Trade Center and other RF monsters. Intermod is my middle name. I hooked the DCI 2M 4MHZ filter between my FT-847 and my tri-bander and the difference was amazing! My friend who lives about 20 miles away in Queens was always in the noise -- with the filter he was a solid 2 on my S-meter. Almost DFQ! I highly recommend this product to anyone.

VE6SZR Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 1999 04:26 Send this review to a friend
DCI Filters, worth their weight in gold!  Time owned: unknown months
This is one of those few products that truly delivers on ALL of its promises, so good that I have 2 of them. Its a passive design requiring no external power, my model is the wide bandwidth version which allows operation from 144-148Mhz. Steep rolloff on the band edges. Custom versions are available for more narrow operation (2Megs) if necessary. The receive sensitivity that will be gained more than outweighs any losses resulting from having it in line (especially on simplex). About the only drawback to this item is the size of it, its not a "pocket" item. Also, you don't want to drop or shake it, as it will detune the helical resonators. No regrets with this product at all.