Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Kenwood AT-50 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood AT-50
Kenwood AT-50 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$329
Description: Kenwood 100W Autotuner designed for TS-50S, but can be adapted for use to other rigs.

You can write your own review of the Kenwood AT-50.

KG4FET Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2012 05:10 Send this review to a friend
GREAT tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Behind the TS50 in auto or behind the FT450AT in semi Auto this is a great tuner! I got this in a trade with an TS50 and on the bench it has preformed admirably. It will tune my Mystery antenna from 160-10M, it will also tune my Anttron 305 on 40-10 (just checked to see if it would). I even tuned a roll of coax, by mistake mind you, and worked dx on 15M! Tuning range is fantastic. Working in AUTO with the TS 50 the tuner remembers your last setting on an antenna and freq and tunes to that setting even in Semi auto mode. A big bonus is it is VERY quiet. Unlike the LDG line this one you will never know is tuning unless your looking at the radio and see the little red light on or the orange tune light on the AT50. I am looking forward to using this setup portable with the Mystery antenna. This will save a bunch of room in my HF GO Bag because I can leave my 969 at home. Get one of these for your barefoot radio even if its not a TS50 you will not be dissapointed

LU5DDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2004 09:14 Send this review to a friend
muy pero muy bueno  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
realmente el complemento ideal del ts 50 ,no solo en tamaņo si no en performance . yo lo trabaje con un dipolo rigido multibanda 40-20-15-10 y realmente nunca fallo . muy rapida sinonia ,ahora lo tiene un amigo mio con una moņo y anda perfecto .
exelente trabajo de kenwood .
saludos desde Bs.As jorge

G3OZN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2004 03:26 Send this review to a friend
Superb tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great buy, along with my TS50 and Hustler /M antennas works like magic! nothing I cant work HF mobile.
One thing I would like to get a power lead so I can run it apart from the TS50, are the plugs available seperately (in UK) from the leads? and does anyone know the pin configuration, its not in the manual.
73s Ted

WB4KML Rating: 4/5 Feb 4, 2003 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought one of these little jewels for a Kenwoods ts440s station. It will not work on auto but will do semi-auto with any rig. Tuner was made for the ts-50(auto) it is only 100watts but seems to do a fine job cleaning up the vswr on my multi-band vert ant. Has tuned the vert 1.2.1 80-10 meter with no problems. But who runs a 100watts on 80 meters!

KB3GWI Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2002 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Match for TS-50S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The tuner works great. i use it for two reasons:

1. It matches the TS-50S,
2. To clean up antennas at resonance.

I don't use the tuner to tune bed springs and railroad spikes. I use it to clean up the VSWR as I reach the edges of voice portions of the bands. For that purpose, it works great. I do not know how effective it is for use with rigs other then the TS-50. It is only a 100W tuner also, please keep this in mind...

73s,