Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher Help

Reviews Summary for NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher
NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: The new NCS Multi-Switcher is a "mini-console" that lets you switch all operator equipment (microphone, headset, keyer, foot-switch, etc) to any of four radios at the push of a button. You can switch between a headset, desk or hand mic, TNC, Phone Patch, Sound Card, etc. The Multi-Switcher matches the impedance, audio level and pin-out of nearly any microphone to virtually any radio including vintage rigs. The Multi-Switcher also switches your foot- or hand-switch and CW keyer to the selected radio.
More info: http://www.ncsradio.com

You can write your own review of the NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher.

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2011 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Super product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even though this product is no longer officially in production, I'm going to write a review in case someone is considering buying a used one.

I have been using the 3240 for about 4 years now and I love it. Switches stuff between my sdr, Drakes, and Collins with no problems. Modified mine to add a second set of relays so the 3240 would also switch my backwards connected LDG DTS-4R for rf switching between rigs.

The few times I have contacted Doug for support he has always been prompt and helpful - thanks Doug.

W2RKJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2010 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got the 3240 and 3230 way back in maybe 2003. Both units worked great for many years. I had to take my station down a while back for home remodeling and due to other issues, it took a while to get it back on the air. I always had RFI issues with my Ten Tec Jupiter so when I put things back together I decided to fight this RFI issue and re-wire a few things. Well as luck and a whole lot of stupidity would have it I got the wiring all whacked. I took a chance and called NCS for info and help. They were extremely helpful in getting things straightened out and help with my RFI issues via emails and phone calls. Now, you can count on one hand how many companies out there that would standby their product with this kind of support after this many years. I feft so guilty about it, I asked if I could send him something for his time and patience, Doug refused. I have found these products great for the many years I've owned them and I certainly can't understand why they aren't in every shack with multible radios and scanners.

KE4IFE Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2009 02:45 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Product, incredible support.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Exactly what I was looking for to clean up the shack. Easy to setup and use, with excellent documentation. I wanted to add a meter for setting audio levels (the unit uses a single LED for this)and got a quick response with a connection point.

N2EHG Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2008 07:56 Send this review to a friend
super product  Time owned: more than 12 months
After a while i ended up w/a few different rigs, for hf and satalite didn't want a big pile of seperate mic, or homebrew stuff . NCS to the rescue I use their products in my shack and love it

Doug always helped me out when I had some questions and everything works really great. I can switch any rig to my mic's just with a button push

Can't wait to buy another for my 2nd shack

N2EHG

K6CTA Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2008 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had a number of different devices over the years to switch mics/audio/rigs, all of which I have built myself, trying to customize the unit to my specific application(s). I must say that the NCS 3240 does the job quite well, and is versatile enough to where it will be the only box that you will ever need. I ordered a couple of built up cables from NCS, and made a few myself. It took a little bit of time to get everything hooked up, but the end result was well worth it. Simple selection of multiple mics, radios and audio sources. No hum or other artifacts. Plus, it's a very nice looking unit, and very well made.

N5WNG Rating: 3/5 Mar 23, 2008 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Could not cure hum  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a switcher for to radios (Yaesu FT-1000MP and Elecraft)and the NCS was the only unit I could find that looked like it would do everything I wanted.

Only had the unit for a few days before I returned the unit. Problem was the audio amplifier was putting strong a.c. hum on the line, and I tried all of the trinks in the documentation and could not solve the problem.

When I tied the unit to the central ground,as suggested, the Yaseu would drift up in frequency much like it would in a scan mode. The ground plate is a .250 thick 10 in x 12 inch copper plate with a pair of number 00 wires about 12 inches long going to an 8 foot ground rod. The Mic is a Heil PR-40, and the XLR mic connection could be the problem, but I was unable to isolate it to that.

Unit is very well built and thought out, just it presented a problem to me that I was not willing to spend the time trouble shooting.

I ended up using an XLR mic "Y" cable instead. Requires some manual switching, but no hum.

LA9AKA Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2007 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Wish I had one years ago!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After first receiving a faulty unit, NCS sent me a new one right away. The switcher is easy to set up and use. I use it with my two radios (IC-7800/TS2000) and Heil PR-780 mic. Great product and great customer support!

AD1Y Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2007 05:48 Send this review to a friend
Very convenient  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
"At the touch of a button" I'm now able to switch between 3 radios, 2 mics (with external EQ), footswitch, and a digital interface. (Now to convince the XYL to get another mic and radio to fill the remaining slots!)

Doug is a pleasure to work with through every step of the process, and I'm very satisfied with the product and the customer support.

Thanks again Doug.

N7ZXP Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2006 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A true asset to the shack. Works perfect with no noise or problems.

WA7SCH Rating: 4/5 Dec 10, 2006 01:13 Send this review to a friend
Cleans up the shack  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hooked up the Multi-Switcher to an IC-956proII, IC-910H, and IC-R8500 receiver.
The ability to have one speaker, one mike, and one key for all of this in a simple box is really nice.

My only real "gripe" is that the CW key only passes one wire for the rig. This means I needed to either add an external CW keyer or run the CW paddle wire seperately. I opted for an external keyer. It would have been nice if it passed two lines instead of one to the CW keyer since most new rigs have internal keyers.