Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher Help

Reviews Summary for NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher
NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: The new NCS Multi-Switcher is a "mini-console" that lets you switch all operator equipment (microphone, headset, keyer, foot-switch, etc) to any of four radios at the push of a button. You can switch between a headset, desk or hand mic, TNC, Phone Patch, Sound Card, etc. The Multi-Switcher matches the impedance, audio level and pin-out of nearly any microphone to virtually any radio including vintage rigs. The Multi-Switcher also switches your foot- or hand-switch and CW keyer to the selected radio.
More info: http://www.ncsradio.com

You can write your own review of the NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher.

KF4HR Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2006 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using the NCS-3240 for about 6 months now. I use it with my 3 main radio's; FT-736R, IC-756ProII and TS-2000X. Prior to the 3240 I was using a separate microphone for each rig which ate up considerable amount of table space (not to mention they were always in the way). Now I use only one mic (a Heil GM-4) and switch it between my 3 rigs with a touch of a button. Additionally, mic gain can be set individually for each radio. The 3240 was easy to setup and NCS Radio provides fantastic company support. I highly recommend this product!

W3DX Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2006 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Multi-Switcher, and really love this product. It's a very handy device to integrate microphone/voice keyer/memory keyer/and audio in the shack. It's very nicely made, and sets up in minutes. Tech support is extremely friendly and helpful.

Perhaps one day, NCS will also offer an antenna switcher to the device, which would be a fantastic evolution for this great product.

This is a great way to clean up your radio room.

WA7TT Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2003 18:42 Send this review to a friend
A "MUST HAVE"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This astounding product really comes into it's own when paired wth it's matching counterpart product, (NCS-3230 Multi-RX matched with the NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher) The interface cables are outstanding and are manufactured and provided as options by NCS. If you have multiple radios, do contesting, or. as in my case, want the ultimate radio room (some of us actually care about the look and feel and functionality of our shack), this is one of those "must-have" additions to the room. The website details the purposes and capabilities of the products so I won't repeat that here. Rather I want to emphasize that the company has designed a sophisticated product which allows for versatile switching of your varous microphones and your various radios so that one can output the audio through a central audio control system to a single pair of left and right speakers and or headphones. Very quickly the products becomes the center and most used pieces of equipment in the shack. It leaves you to wonder what you did before you acquired these products. The "fit and finish" is perfect very "high-end" in quality. The two products, side by side or stacked, look flat-out cool in the radio room. There is not one doubt that this is a company by hams for hams. What is most used button? With one simple press of the "mute all" button all the audio in the shack is killed without having to search for what radio is running. (Perfect for when the phone rings or the wif walks in the room). The system is set up to allow for the pre-adjustment of audio levels for any of your mikes through any of your radios. The are many left and right channel options so that you can positon the audio output of your radios through left, right or both speakers (or an array accross and audio soundstage...clever!) Each channel includes input and output loops for audio processors....also very useful. Each of the many push-buttons are associated with LED indicators for instant feedback of information. The labeling is useful and extremely well-done. There are many clever audio options such as "record select", centralization of PTT and keyer controls ......many others.
Lastly, although the products are available through retailers such as AES, I dealt directly with NCS. I had close contact with co-owner Doug. His availabilty and helpfulness was beyond expectations in todays world.

WB2P Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2003 07:59 Send this review to a friend
MULTI-SWITCHER Makes Mic, Key, and rig audio chores easier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This little item has made the chore of running up to 4 rigs and or 4 Mics, and my keyer push button convieniant. Also serving as a terminating point for all audio outputs for all rigs. (Great for muting everything when phone rigs) I am throughly satisfied with this compact attractive device. Also the Tech support from Doug and the boys at NCS is top notch, as it should be from an American made amatuer radio product. One good thing as that these guys are all hams. Iv'e seen guys attempt to build a simular unit, but it never turns out this neat. Great job Doug and guys fron NCS!
WB2P Greg

W0FM Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2003 15:37 Send this review to a friend
The right way to do it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After homebrewing several audio switch boxes to maneuver my mics, speakers, keyers and soundcards between my rigs, I saw the ad in QST for the NCS Multi Switcher. I downloaded the manual and immediately saw how much more advanced this box was than my homebrew switch, which suffered from ground loops and level issues. So, I ordered myself a Multi-Switcher.

I have to say that Doug and the folks at NCS were very accomodating to my requests for information, order status, special requests, etc. These people really know customer service.

My Multi Switcher now switches my Heil Goldline, Heil Pro Plus, CMOS-4 keyer, W2IHY EQ, RIGblaster, speakers and computer soundcard between my FT-1000MP, FT-847 and IC706MkIIG with a simple touch of the button. All the levels are on the money and the ground loop issues are gone! Every mic, key or audio accessory can be used on every radio in the shack.

The unit is very well laid out and the component quality and construction is excellent. Shortly after I suggested to Doug that they introduce an option to the Multi Switcher that would also switch my computer's serial port between radios for logging/control purposes, he emailed me back with a simple modification to the box that would allow just that!

If your shack is like mine used to be, with wires and cables and "Y" adapters and A-B switches everywhere, do it the right way and get yourself an NCS Multi Switcher!

73, de Terry, WØFM

N6RMJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2003 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Great for multiple radios  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
GREAT DEVICE, A MUST FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MULTIPLE RADIOS, I PURCHASED THIS BACK IN JULY AND DIDNT GET UNTIL DECEMBER, IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT, I HAVE FOUR RADIOS AND 1 MICROPHONE, I BUILT MY OWN SWITCHER A FEW YEARS BACK, IT WORKED OK BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE, WITH ITS ISOLATION AND IMPEDENCE MATCHING CAPABILITIES, I AM GETTING COMMENTS ABOUT HOW MY AUDIO HAS IMPROVED, NOTHING LIKE DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, I USE IT WITH A HIEL GOLD LINE, ICOM 756 PRO, ICOM 275H, KENWOOD 790, AND KENWOOD 220 MOBILE

K5ZR Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2003 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Great for multiple radios  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I’m using this handy device to switch a microphone, speaker, headphones, and keyer between two radios. Throwing one switch on the Multi-Switcher does the job. It has added significantly to my enjoyment of having two radios. Its capability extends well beyond the number of radios and “peripherals” I’m using it for. And it’s a nice looking addition to the shack.