Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Clark Mast QT9M/HP Help

Reviews Summary for Clark Mast QT9M/HP
Clark Mast QT9M/HP Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 9 m (29 feet) portable air-operated telescope mast

You can write your own review of the Clark Mast QT9M/HP.

KK7S Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2013 10:11 Send this review to a friend
These masts are great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the CQTX12-6/HP to hold up my various hexes and moxons. My neighborhood isn't conducive to towers and big antennas, so I try to keep the antennas down when I'm not using them.

These clark masts are strong, solid and very lightweight. It's very easy for one person to carry these around, to mount them, and to get them up and down. The hand pump is easy -- just like pumping up a tire -- and surprisingly effective.

I HIGHLY recommend these masts for anyone who needs to get antennas up and down a lot -- whether at home or in the field.

N7TML Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2010 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Versatility  Time owned: more than 12 months
I needed a tower at two qth's and did not want to go through the building permit process or the cost of two units. My 33' high Clark Mast fits the bill for that and other uses. It supports light weight HF and vhf beams and also serves as a support for a vertical and inverted V. True its 22# head capacity is too low for for moderate to large antennas but that's not an issue for me. This mast is easy for one person to operate. With its heavy base it doesn't need guy wires in calm weather. With additional brackets I can use it as a portable mast with my truck as a support. It's not a unit for everyone but it allows me to have good antennas for numerous bands. The folks at Clark Mast are great on customer service.

PE1RLN Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2004 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the best thing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a similar mast, also Clark, and I can tell you this is the best thing I ever got! You erect a 10m mast within less than five minutes by just pumping a littlebit of air into it.

Topload is always enough for two antennas, so I use a 6m beam and a 2m/70cm dualband antenna.

If you can buy one, do it!

OZ1ES Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2002 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Great portable mast  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This mast type is a air-operated telescopic aluminium mast of very high quality.

I got three of these as free surplus from the Danish defence. All were manufactured in 1978 and showed heavy signs of use and abuse. By take them apart I managed to get one back in fully working order and the two remaining in semioperational order (All seals and the handpump removed and used as hand raised masts). The fully operational one is used for HF portable and the one of semioperational ones are use as a fixed mast at home.

They have a max. headload of 4.5 Kg (12 lb) so they wouldnt support your 4 el. tribander but works good as center support for dipole type wire antennas or supporting VHF/UHF verticals.

The mast can be used unguyed in winds up 56 Km/hr (35 mph) or guyed up to 128 Km/hr (80 mph) with a 1000 square cm (155 square in) headload sidearea.

Why do I give it a 5 ?

First of all.... Quality and durablity
Secondly, ease of use. It takes me (alone) less than 15 min to erect an antenna system for HF portable use.
Third, the price (free). Your milage may vary on this =8-).