Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-340MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-340MVT
Alinco DM-340MVT Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $179.99
Description: Output voltage: 13.8Vdc (rated) Variable 0 to 15Vdc
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-340MVT.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Reliable and quiet  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems/noise for 2 years, although its now my backup as upgraded to larger Astron unit. Not too large, very quiet.

WV2M Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Solved RFI Problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this supply as a replacement for an MFJ-4245 switching power supply. The MFJ was causing interference to my garage door remotes. A linear power supply would not have that problem since they do not generate RF noise as switchers do. I set about to find a good one. I selected the Alinco DM-340MVT after researching reviews and specs. It was a bear locating a new one as they do not export to the USA anymore but I was able to find one by extensive search engine use.

The power supply works great! No RF interference or noise, excellent regulation, runs cool (unlike some cheap linears that run very hot) and very quiet. My only disappointment was that the meters were not illuminated. I did find a mod for that by AE1S (http://blog.kotarak.net/2010/07/alinco-dm-340mvt-meter-illumination.html). I now have an illuminated Alinco DM-340MVT!

KF4FVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Been a solid performer for 14 years.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got my DM340MV in January of 2000 and it has never failed me yet and runs quite. I would buy another Alinco if I needed one.

N8DWK Rating: 4/5 Sep 16, 2013 04:51 Send this review to a friend
SECOND ONE SEEMS FINE SO FAR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this supply based on its many features and the positive reviews on this site. I always but Astron but I was looking for flexible connecting features which Astron does not provide. Most of the reviews state that this unit is very quiet even with the fan on. That was one of my requirements. Ten minutes after I had it turned on without a radio connected, the fan went on which sounded like a weed trimmer! Whats worse is that the fan never turned off. I immediately returned the unit for another new one. This time all seem well. If I have problems with this unit, I will buy another Astron and use it with a Rigrunner. I give this a 4 because of my experience with the first unit. I will do a second review after 6 months which will hopefully be a trouble free experience.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2012 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Supply!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 12 years. It powers my entire station and it is solid as a rock! I leave it on most of the time and it has never given me ANY problems. Love the versatility with the voltage adjust, meters and cigr lighter output. I recommend it highly.

KG6JIY Rating: 4/5 Sep 22, 2012 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Broke after 2 Months  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love the power supply. Rock solid for near 2 months, then it dropped down to 11.8 volts at the center notch on the control knob and 13.5 at the far right position. Turned the supply off left it over night started up again 13.8 at the mid position. Was fine for a day and same thing happened again. Also Volt meter needle was oscillating back and forth and measured a .75 volt swing on a Fluke meter. Supply is of to GRE America on Monday for warranty repair.

W4ABF Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Solid Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used my Alinco DM-340MVT for over 1.5 years. It's so quiet that I forget it's there. Solid construction, rugged and dependable. It powers my tuner, Flex 5000, Elecraft KPA-500 and my FT-857, and occassionally other gear. I'm so impressed with the quality that I ordered an Alinco switching power supply for my portable needs. What else can be said about a power supply that does exactly what it's adversited to do?

ON4AMG Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
As in the title!
Very quiet and rock steady operation, not causing any interference at all.
The only potential improvement would be a back lighted display but this is definitely not a deal breaker as in my case it was essentially set (the voltage)and forget.
The heat dissipated is quite noticeable in a small shack but this being said, the housing never gets any warmer than lukewarm. Would not hesitate to recommend this for a permanent installation.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Great PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my DM-340MVT for almost 13 years now and I've never had a problem. It's on almost 100% of the time and runs quietly and just works. It's a great supply and the various outputs on the front panel make it very versatile.

KB3FTE Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Quiet!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this DM-340MV just recently when my MFJ-4035MV gave up the ghost. Not enough history so far to comment on longevity, but this power supply seems very well built and very quiet. I could not be more pleased.