Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-340MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-340MVT
Alinco DM-340MVT Reviews: 44 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $179.99
Description: Output voltage: 13.8Vdc (rated) Variable 0 to 15Vdc
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/ps/DM-340/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-340MVT.

KA5DJS Rating: 0/5 Jun 8, 2016 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Very Very Dis-Appointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am writing this review on my experiences with the Alinco DM-340MVT. When I purchased this unit I was under the understanding that it had a two year warranty which I now find out is poo poo. In fairness I will say that the unit has s performed well up to this point. But it is a power supply so I expected it to go much longer. However last Saturday morning while on vacation and looking for a little radio time and fun noticed that the supply was running hot and the fan was not kicking in. So I turned off the unit, disconnected my radio from it. Turned it back on and it popped the 10 amp fuse. I replaced the fuse with a 10 amp fuse tried it again and this time something inside the supply fried. I contacted the Alinco support team and I was given costs to fix the supply. I thought it had a warranty on it and when this was questioned, I was told that Alinco discontinued that model 4 years ago. Really but when I purchased the unit I was told it had a warranty. After thinking about this for a few days, I have now sold my Alinco DX-SR9. I have ordered in a different and more reliable brand radio equipment and a new power supply unit that is a highly rated unit. Radio Amateurs new and old need reliable products for the pursuit of this hobby since we have to fork out all costs. I have decided now to fix the power supply on my own. And if I run into too many difficulties I will simply scrap the inside of the supply and make an antenna tuner out of the box for 6 meters. Will I buy another Alinco product? NO WAY! Buyer beware!

VA3DTP Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my Alinco DM-340MV Power Supply as a used unit over a year ago. Unit is in mint condition . Works great, fan is very quite, never had any issues with it. The only minor complaint I have is the two meters were not back lit, but I added my own 12VDC LED lite, tied on parallel with plug in socket.

KOBOL Rating: 0/5 Jan 5, 2015 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Chinese and poor quality product firmed by Alinco. It is the same power supply like QJE.
Very loud and buzzing transformer.

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2014 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Great supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had one for over 7 years. Lightning took it out. Ordered another one. Fan was bad. Sent it back. ALINCO is not making them anymore. They say they are on their site. But all the dealers say it has been discontinued.

Bought a MFJ 4035MV. Front looks like the same layout. Opened up (of course) and the inside is the SAME as the ALINCO, except it has a 2 prong plug instead of 3. Bob Heil would be happy.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Reliable and quiet  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems/noise for 2 years, although its now my backup as upgraded to larger Astron unit. Not too large, very quiet.

WV2M Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Solved RFI Problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this supply as a replacement for an MFJ-4245 switching power supply. The MFJ was causing interference to my garage door remotes. A linear power supply would not have that problem since they do not generate RF noise as switchers do. I set about to find a good one. I selected the Alinco DM-340MVT after researching reviews and specs. It was a bear locating a new one as they do not export to the USA anymore but I was able to find one by extensive search engine use.

The power supply works great! No RF interference or noise, excellent regulation, runs cool (unlike some cheap linears that run very hot) and very quiet. My only disappointment was that the meters were not illuminated. I did find a mod for that by AE1S (http://blog.kotarak.net/2010/07/alinco-dm-340mvt-meter-illumination.html). I now have an illuminated Alinco DM-340MVT!

KF4FVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Been a solid performer for 14 years.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got my DM340MV in January of 2000 and it has never failed me yet and runs quite. I would buy another Alinco if I needed one.

N8DWK Rating: 4/5 Sep 16, 2013 04:51 Send this review to a friend
SECOND ONE SEEMS FINE SO FAR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this supply based on its many features and the positive reviews on this site. I always but Astron but I was looking for flexible connecting features which Astron does not provide. Most of the reviews state that this unit is very quiet even with the fan on. That was one of my requirements. Ten minutes after I had it turned on without a radio connected, the fan went on which sounded like a weed trimmer! Whats worse is that the fan never turned off. I immediately returned the unit for another new one. This time all seem well. If I have problems with this unit, I will buy another Astron and use it with a Rigrunner. I give this a 4 because of my experience with the first unit. I will do a second review after 6 months which will hopefully be a trouble free experience.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2012 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Supply!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 12 years. It powers my entire station and it is solid as a rock! I leave it on most of the time and it has never given me ANY problems. Love the versatility with the voltage adjust, meters and cigr lighter output. I recommend it highly.

KG6JIY Rating: 4/5 Sep 22, 2012 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Broke after 2 Months  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love the power supply. Rock solid for near 2 months, then it dropped down to 11.8 volts at the center notch on the control knob and 13.5 at the far right position. Turned the supply off left it over night started up again 13.8 at the mid position. Was fine for a day and same thing happened again. Also Volt meter needle was oscillating back and forth and measured a .75 volt swing on a Fluke meter. Supply is of to GRE America on Monday for warranty repair.