Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-340MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-340MVT
Alinco DM-340MVT Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $179.99
Description: Output voltage: 13.8Vdc (rated) Variable 0 to 15Vdc
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/ps/DM-340/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-340MVT.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2012 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Supply!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 12 years. It powers my entire station and it is solid as a rock! I leave it on most of the time and it has never given me ANY problems. Love the versatility with the voltage adjust, meters and cigr lighter output. I recommend it highly.

KG6JIY Rating: 4/5 Sep 22, 2012 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Broke after 2 Months  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love the power supply. Rock solid for near 2 months, then it dropped down to 11.8 volts at the center notch on the control knob and 13.5 at the far right position. Turned the supply off left it over night started up again 13.8 at the mid position. Was fine for a day and same thing happened again. Also Volt meter needle was oscillating back and forth and measured a .75 volt swing on a Fluke meter. Supply is of to GRE America on Monday for warranty repair.

W4ABF Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Solid Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used my Alinco DM-340MVT for over 1.5 years. It's so quiet that I forget it's there. Solid construction, rugged and dependable. It powers my tuner, Flex 5000, Elecraft KPA-500 and my FT-857, and occassionally other gear. I'm so impressed with the quality that I ordered an Alinco switching power supply for my portable needs. What else can be said about a power supply that does exactly what it's adversited to do?

ON4AMG Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
As in the title!
Very quiet and rock steady operation, not causing any interference at all.
The only potential improvement would be a back lighted display but this is definitely not a deal breaker as in my case it was essentially set (the voltage)and forget.
The heat dissipated is quite noticeable in a small shack but this being said, the housing never gets any warmer than lukewarm. Would not hesitate to recommend this for a permanent installation.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Great PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my DM-340MVT for almost 13 years now and I've never had a problem. It's on almost 100% of the time and runs quietly and just works. It's a great supply and the various outputs on the front panel make it very versatile.

KB3FTE Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Quiet!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this DM-340MV just recently when my MFJ-4035MV gave up the ghost. Not enough history so far to comment on longevity, but this power supply seems very well built and very quiet. I could not be more pleased.

AJ4WP Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2011 03:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this power supply for years. Been on 24/7 for 8 years now and never a problem. Power my Kenwood 2000 and other mobile 2 meter units. Voltage always there and no problems whatever.

AE1S Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2010 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Got a second one  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first DM-340MVT is probably 10 years old and still going strong. After adding some more transceivers to my shack I got a second one. This is a very solid and well engineered power supply, rated for up to 35A. The tubular heatsink with forced air cooling is a very clever solution. The fan is temperature controlled and almost never turns on. The power transformer is HUGE and there are two 40A (each) full-wave bridge rectifiers in parallel. The regulation is done with 4 power transistors (each with max collector current 40A). You can adjust the output voltage very smoothly from 0 to 15.5V with a dent at 13.8V. The supply is very QUIET with low ripple - the filter capacitors bank sums up to almost half Farad (470 mF to be exact). There is an over-current protection set at 35A and in my newer supply (missing from the old one) an over-temperature protection - shuts the output down at 95 degree Celsius (heatsink temperature) and resets it at 60 degrees. The two high-visibility meters are very nice with high contrast scales. I did a simple modification to illuminate the display (see my blog page) - that was about the only improvement I could think of.
Seems that over the years this real work horse got even better.
They have "beefed up" the supply in my newer version - the power transistors are with max 40A collector current vs. 35A each in the old supply. Same thing with the two full-wave bridge rectifiers. The only other changes are an internal magnetic shield on the winding of the power transformer, the addition of over-temperature protection and the 3-prong power cord.
I would highly recommend this power supply - yes, it is big and heavy but very quiet (both electrical noise and sound) and it is very robust. I attempted (purely by accident) to "top off" a fully charged 70 Ah SLA battery in REVERSE and with NO in-line FUSES! After the volcano of sparks, the "butcher's bill" was a single $0.47 general purpose transistor on the regulator board.
Nice choice of terminals too. The linear supply is the way to go for a clean and stable power.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2010 20:50 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My DM-340MVT has now been operating for two years with no problems at all. No sound from the fan that I've ever heard. It would be nice if the meters were illuminated but not a big deal. Very good looking unit and I would highly recommend this to anybody looking for a reliable power supply.

AC8YJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2009 12:13 Send this review to a friend
sweet  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice, I've never heard the fan on... I actually have to look at it to see if the red light is on so i know its working.

No noise as far as I can tell and it runs just everything I own without a problem.