Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Ten-Tec Vibroplex IAMBIC collectors paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Ten-Tec Vibroplex IAMBIC collectors paddle
Ten-Tec Vibroplex IAMBIC collectors paddle Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $169
Description: Ten-Tec and Vibroplex have teamed up to create a beautiful IAMBIC Vibroplex paddle. The base color is power coated to match the JUPITER rig. Branded and serial numbered this is a very unique cw instrument for your collection for daily use with your Ten-Tec gear. There is a very limited production run of these fine paddles. Check with TT sales to see if they are available
More info: http://www.tentec.com

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec Vibroplex IAMBIC collectors paddle.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2009 15:29 Send this review to a friend
A great Paddle in a rare outfit...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I certainly don't need all the keys I have aquired, but I find myself in a collector mode more often than not when these sort of keys and paddles come along. This is one paddle I am glad to own. I have now had three of these gems and would recommomend you grab one if the opportunity arises. With only 250 out there and not many owners willing to part with them, this are a rare delight to have. I have now owned #1, #150 and my latest acquisition of this issue is #123 and i find them all of top shelf quality with or without the jeweled updgrades. One nice addition is the lower finger pieces Vibroplex sells online for the Iambic. That's one change I'd highly recommend.

Bottom line: #123 is staying in my shack for a long time to come.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2004 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already own a regular Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe (Chrome top parts and chrome base), and when I had the chance to buy this Limited Edition Ten-Tec version, I didn't hesitate. The Ten-Tec version as noted in other reviews is limited to 250 units and uses the chrome top parts and a special serial # (TT-I###). If you have a chance to pick one up, I recommend it highly, especially if you are a Ten-Tec aficionado and want to add a nice collecting piece to your shack as well.

A pic of mine (#150) is here: http://www.qsl.net/nc2f/ttvbplxle150ip.JPG

NE4TT Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2004 22:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased mine on the second offering by Ten-Tec.

Seems some Hams ordered, but cancelled.

I couldn't be happier with fit, finish, and operation. TT I246.

Only niggle is the small paddles.
Consider upgrading to the K6JW "teardrop" paddles.

Wishfull thinking: Engraved TT nameplate.

If you are considering upgrading to Deluxe specs,
i.e. jewel movements,
check out W5JAY's comprehensive website:

KG4WNA Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2003 11:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When my Ten-Tec Vibroplex Iambic Paddle arrived, I opened the box and found it to be in good condition and of excellent quality. I adjusted the paddle as per instructions on vibroplex.com. The paddles are set slightly closer than my BY-1 (also gud paddle) and fit my hand better. Even though I consider this paddle to be a collectors item, I use it daily with a mouse-pad in front for hand comfort. My congrats to Ten-Tec and Vibroplex for a great product.

KJ4DX Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2003 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Gorgeous Key, very smooooooth.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK -- so here's the real question:
Does the sticker, the special serial number and the TT logo on the tag add to the buttery smooth and ultra-fast feel of this key? Hmmmmm...
Seriously though, this particular key is highly recommended. Fit and finish is really nice, chrome is thick and deep, paddles are finished so nicely, they have almost an oily feel -- that's not bad, BTW.
When those contacts are spaced right and the tension is adjusted right... well, this girl was built for SPEED !!!
Vibroplex also has a Deluxe upgrade kit for this key, which I can only imagine will add to the "experience".
Now, I've got my eyeballs on one of those cool dust covers from WB3EVL....

Key #T092: NOT FOR SALE...ever.

W2RBA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2003 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Good, solid paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I will admit to a certain hesitation about buying a Vibroplex paddle but with the Ten-Tec logo on it, well, I could always sell it as a novelty item, right? I ordered one, it came about 4 weeks later and I set it up -- yup, it looks like this one is headed for the auction block. But what's this I've heard about an article from CQ magazine which, thoughfully enough, had been provided with the key? I followed the simple directions and tightened up everything and -- voila! -- it's now a solid paddle which has displaced my old Vibroplex single paddle key and my Bencher. The fit and finish is very very good, as far as I can see, everything seems to line up perfectly and I have it set for a relatively tiny amount of pressure necessary to achieve closing of each side. The taped-on Ten-Tec "commemorative" label is nice, but if the ID plate hadn't been engraved with Ten-Tec's logo, I'd have been disappointed. But I'm not. If they're still available, you'll like it, I think. 73!

WQ8Q Rating: 4/5 Oct 25, 2002 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Paddle with Help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Okay, I'll admit to being somewhat partial to TenTec gear, and when the opportunity came along to own a TenTec/Vibroplex limited edition iambic paddle (really just a version of the Vibroplex Iambic Standard edition with a TenTec finished base and limited to 250 pieces), it didn't take me long to call and place an order. If I had just bought this paddle without documentation, I probably would have been disappointed. But this one came with a reprint of a CQ magazine article from Feb '97 entitled "Ergonomic Improvement and Adjustment of the Vibroplex Iambic Paddle"
The author, WA6DAL tells of his frustrations with the Vibroplex Iambic and what he did to solve them, mainly, mostly disassembling the unit and re-adjusting everything on re-assembly. I took the whole thing apart and started from scratch. I found it was easier to adjust the play of the lever bars in the yoke (mainframe) with the unit off the base. I was able to eliminate any noticeable up/down play in these bars, while preserving a free swinging left/right action. Inability to adjust this one item seems to be the most complained about feature of the Vibroplex Iambic.
If you don't get this adjustment correct, the other adjustments won't help. It may take several tries to get it right. The rest of the re-assembly went without incident, and I cleaned my fingerprints off the chrome as I went. The contacts on the lever bars are adjustable and need to be mated up perfectly with the contact posts. I adjusted the contact spacing to .0015" and set the levers to a touch weight of 20 grams. After several practice sessions with my CMOS 4 keyer set to 35wpm and several QSOs at 20-25 wpm, all adjustments seem to be holding and the paddles work as smoothly as one could ask. For comparison, I also have used a Bencher (not good for higher speeds) a Kent (ditto) and a GHD optical paddle, my current favorite.
Fit and Finish: Well, I'm afraid it's typical Vibroplex standard, which is good, but not great. The plating could be better; the plastic fingerpieces could be finished a little smoother, and the name/serial number plate is on just a little askew (mostly noticeable when I had the unit apart). This is why I give this paddle a "4" rating.
The Vibroplex Iambic does sit a bit high. I'm used to something a little lower on the table, and notice that Vibroplex does have a set of paddles that drop down. I might have to order a set of those. The paddles are closer spaced than I'm used to: only about 9/16" from outside to outside. The GHD are about 23/32, which is quite a bit farther apart.
I found that I liked the closer spacing so much that I changed the spacing on the GHD to more closely match that of the TenTec Vibroplex.

All in all, its a really nice paddle, and I'll probably use it and rotate it in and out of service as the whim strikes me. If you're not going to take the time to set it up properly, you'll be disappointed; but if you do, you'll have a very good paddle that will probably make you happy for a long time.

N9VV Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2002 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful collectors paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ten-Tec and Vibroplex seem like a marriage made in heaven. Two of my favorite CW companies. Ten-Tec with silky smooth QSK and Vibroplex with beautiful CW instruments make a winning combination. I am very lucky and honored to have received serial number I001 of this unusual and spectacular paddle. Please check out this website for a large image of the limited production run paddle. http://www.n9vv.com/cw.html

I am sure you will agree that the JUPITER color base and chrome parts + red finger pieces set this paddle apart from all others. You reallly should tell Santa to check with TT to see if they are still available.