Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | B&W 595 Anenna switch Help

Reviews Summary for B&W 595 Anenna switch
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 6 position antenna switch

You can write your own review of the B&W 595 Anenna switch.

WB4M Rating: 3/5 Oct 17, 2002 20:12 Send this review to a friend
Heavy duty switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this switch for a number of years but rarely used it. It is a rectangle box that is intended to be wall mounted and has 6 coax positions. A rotary switch makes the selection and has a very positive click stop at each position. The switch has a very good, solid feel to it with no sloppiness at all, very heavy duty. The entire switch is built like a tank and I used the switch to choose between my 3 tranceivers. This is where the rub comes in. There is just too much signal "bleedover", if that is the correct term, between the different positions, and the amount varies between each position. For instance, if I switch to my FT-990, my IC-706 will still be hearing the incoming signal too much. This might not be the case when I use some of the other positions, say between my Kenwood and the Icom.
I really would rather have a desktop type switch and might get one in the near future. I think this B&W could be picked up very inexpensively at a hamfest.