Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | RadioWorks RG-213 Plus Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWorks RG-213 Plus
RadioWorks RG-213 Plus Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $Approx. .45 ft./.38 ft. over 99
Description: Premium quality RG-213 coaxial cable
More info: http://www.radioworks.com

You can write your own review of the RadioWorks RG-213 Plus.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2003 12:30 Send this review to a friend
excellent coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
i now have my w9inn dipole up with radio works 213 + coax for 9 years with no problems.the antenna and coax are rugged long lasting products.as for the other review,if you keep a new shiny copper penny on your desk for a year or two it WILL tarnish.copper turns color no matter what.the other revewer does not know much about different types of metal.Science was probably not his best subject.

W8PFT Rating: 0/5 Aug 15, 2003 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Unknown Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The product that Radio Works has in their catalog as RG213/U and is labeled "IEWC #4063 213/U TYPE" It is NOT Mil-Spec. I sent a photo of the spool and the cable marking to IEWC quality control and they claim that this is NOT their product and is a knock-off or a copy.

Specification, quality and performance are unknown. True RG-213 should be marked "RG-213/U MIL-C 17." I am on a tight schedule and am already pulling cable. Otherwise I would throw this stuff in the trash and replace it. My past experience with Radio Works has always been good and I have found their other products to be as represented. They claim that this product will perform well as the Mil-Spec, but they have not supplied any detailed specifications or information regarding the manufacturer -- Buyer Beware!!

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2002 08:57 Send this review to a friend
More Than Adequate!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have about 1200 feet of this stuff in use at my QTH. A lot of it, I will admit, runs between my basement shack, through a 4 inch PVC pipe to the roof. In essence, not a lot of it is exposed to the elements. However, it does work well from 40-2 meters. However, I do have a long run to my GAP Voyager IV vertical, most of which is outside, with about 35 feet being buried. This stuff takes over a kilowatt and appears to be doing fine, even after 4 years in the ground. I am well satisfied.

WA4DOU Rating: 2/5 Oct 18, 2002 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Inadaquate  Time owned: more than 12 months
1-2 years ago, I purchased 150 ft. of this cable from RadioWorks. Its identified by the following: "IEWC # 4062 RG-213/U Type".This cable has been continuously stored in my bedroom closet, the house is climate controlled 365 days a year. The outside of the braid has begun to darken uniformly, where its been in contact with the outer jacket. The braid remains uniformly bright on its inside where its only been in contact with the polyethylene inner dielectric. Its apparent that the outer jacket is not "non-contaminating", this shouldn't happen even when exposed to direct sunlight, heat,cold, etc. I therefore cannot recommend this cable and have made the decision to only use Belden RG-213 in the future.