Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | BC-601D Quick/Trickle Smart Charger for ICOM BP-171, 172, 173, & Help

Reviews Summary for BC-601D Quick/Trickle Smart Charger for ICOM BP-171, 172, 173, &
BC-601D Quick/Trickle Smart Charger for ICOM BP-171, 172, 173, & Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $42.99 (show list price)
Description: Table mounted home battery charger for ICOM series of hand-held batteries, also will charge MAHA series of hand-held batteries.
More info: http://www.batteriesamerica.com

You can write your own review of the BC-601D Quick/Trickle Smart Charger for ICOM BP-171, 172, 173, &.

WA6OWH Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2005 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Simple, fast and easy drop in charger!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I traveled to Dayton 2005 and bought charger from Batteries America and I'am very pleased. The charger takes a little over an hour to charge a fully discharged BP-173x 1200 MA NMH from Batteries America. This is the 9.6 volt battery for the W30, W32, T7H line of Icom rigs and the high capacity battery last a long time and is so easy to recharge in the sweet drop in charger. When you drop in the battery the red LED lights and when it is done charging the green LED switches on... very simple. Good job Batteries America.

W4FBI Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2004 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Sure Glade I got this one  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well after looking around at the shelby ham fest at these chargers and otheres I came back to Batteries America (www.batteriesamerica.com) or 800/308-4805, well I got a good price and best of all I liked the way the charger was made. very solid and good contas, I have a icom W32 and it takes a hour to charge a big battery all ready run down. I thougt no way this could be charged that quick. well the battery rain all day like it had ben on a trickle charge. I look at some that had cups that fit in. they looked like they would short out or go bad early, did not look built all that good and the contacs looked cheep were the cups went in. I am very happy with this charger. Hugh w4fbi

AL1Z Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2004 14:17 Send this review to a friend
No Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the BC-601d for almost 2 years now and have never had any problems. I use it to charge my Icom W32A (w/ a BP-173X, also from batteries.america). It charges quickly, and two LED's indicate when charging is in progress and when it's complete.

A nice advantage for me is that there are no adapter cups required. Just drop in the radio, or the pack, and it starts charging.

Patrick

AD6RE Rating: 4/5 Oct 20, 2002 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent replacement for MAHA's MH-C888  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For those of you who are dissatified with MAHA's MH-C888 for any reason, this charger should be in your shack. This unit replaces the MH-C888 with some slight differences. The charger will accept the battery by itself or with the radio attached without any problems, at least with the W32A radio.

It will charge a 'dead' battery in approximately 1 hour (BP-173), there is no fancy display; it will show 1) when the charger is connected to AC power (green LED lites) and 2) when the battery is fully charged (red LED lites).

There is no documented way to set this charger to recycle a battery, but that is the only known limitation of this unit. Hense a 4 not a 5 rating.

I have used it almost constantly since the show and the unit has not 'smoked', 'over-heated', et. al, or give me any reason to want to return it to the manufacture.

The unit is slightly physically smaller than the C888 and for my money is alot more stable on a flat surface with the radio/battery installed within the unit. It uses a separate power converter that attaches to the base unit to charge the battery, again a 4 rating and not a 5.

Onr last point, this charger will accept ICOM as well as MAHA series of batteries no problem (NiCd as well as MiMH).