Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Wellbrook ALA-1530 Active Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Wellbrook ALA-1530 Active Magnetic Loop Antenna
Wellbrook ALA-1530 Active Magnetic Loop Antenna Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200 £ + charge
Description: Active Magnetic Loop Antenna for medium and short waves listening operations
More info: http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/

You can write your own review of the Wellbrook ALA-1530 Active Magnetic Loop Antenna.

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2013 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Receive Loop  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My pixel Pro 1B died and couldn't hear at all when switching between the vertical and Pixel. Reading the reviews and articles, it was getting another Pixel Pro 1B or the Wellbrook ALA-1530. I read the articles then discovered the one written praising the Pixel was written by the engineer that works with Pixel. Decided to go with the Wellbrook and can't be more than pleased with it's performance in pulling out the light dxpeditions. Highly recommended and Andy was a real pleasure to deal with.

LA8VSA Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2013 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Noise is history after i start using this antenna.
Using this antenna in combination With the MFJ-1026. Then i can phase and switch between rx and tx with my vertical antenna.
Service from WELBROOK is a own category, in a good way.
RECOMMENDED TO EVERYBODY WITH NOISE-PROBLEM

PA0LUX Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2013 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and the best service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna in January 2013. It worked even better as expected. Of course wonder antenna's do not exist. But this is as close to that as it gets. So small and such reception. After about a month a problem arose. The antenna still worked but the pre-amp started drawing excessive current. After having sent one mail to Wellbrook I received a complete new loop antenna within a week. Without any cost and sent abroad.
You do not see many of those companies anymore, they are proud of what they are doing and they are doing a great job. Chapeau!

G4PNF Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2013 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Just brilliant   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am in a town centre QTH and the only practical transmitting antenna I can have is an end fed wire. I have S9 of noise on 160m and S8 on 80m.
The Wellbrook loop has transformed my receive performance. The signal to noise ratio on most signals greatly improved especially on 160m. The Wellbrook loop has made these bands usable and pleasurable in a way that was not possible before. From 40m upwards the improvement in RX is not so dramatic but switching to the loop is quite often advantageous to improve copy.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2012 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Terrific addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what a terrific addition to a ham shack located in a city area especially if you wish to work the lower bands, fantastic really, and Andy replies very quickly to any questions, shipping is also very fast, PLUS at a reasonable International rate, no freight gouging, the loop it's self is very very well constructed, very robust, everything supplied, works extremely well, the day it arrived, I was ready to go, installed it, and was listening to a VK2 on 7075 at 4pm Local time, and underneath his transmitted signal, I could hear South American stations as clear as, sure won me, I had built a couple of RX/TX loops over the years, but nothing in the class of this product, what ever the advertising spiel says, it does. and is cheap for the produced results.

IK1XPP Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 07:53 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being struggled by local electrical noise I took a long deal on reading various product reviews also there on eHam site and finally I convinced myself.
I bought Wellbrook ALA 1503L directly by Andy who's an excellent person.

What can I say about ALA??

Amazing and awesome antenna, I've now been able to receiving stations that my Inverted "L" doesn't to mainly on 80 mtrs.
I also use this little jewel to monitoring Utility Stations, BCL as well.
It has been mounted over a small TV rotator, just 1 meter above the ground into my backyard and away from my house.
Over LW, MW, 160 and 80 m bands you can take advantage of its "NULL" property.

I usually use ALA1530 on my Yaesu FT1000 utilizing RX Antenna function and also on my HF Receiver by an antenna switch.

It is not so cheap but absolutely worth the money..

AUSSIE Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 01:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already own the Wellbrook-ALA1530/330S recently also bought the 1530L after saw what an excellent performance after i convinced a friend to buy one the key to these loops is to keep them away from buildings 5 metres required and they dont need to be high out of all the loops cannot say one performance better than the other
mainly monitor hf aero/ndb/volmets Andy Ikin has done an excellent job with these loops cannot wait to put them on rotators.

IW7CDL Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2011 07:06 Send this review to a friend
An excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review isn't just for the antenna, please read the complete review;
The ALA-1530S+ a perfect piece of hardware, well built using first quality components and properly assembled.
The perfomance are as expected, AWESOME!
I'm using it connected to my R-5000 and to my TS-590S with a switch.
It makes the difference and it's a HUGE difference compared to my vertical or my dipoles.
What I really want to highlight, which is the main reason of this review, is the professional performance and the great attitude of Andy (Andrew)Ikin.
He followed my order from the very first minute till the delivery of the loop.
There were some issues with the delivery address and he tracked and fixed these issues promptly and I wasn't involved in this process at all.
This is a GREAT example of CUSTOMER CARE.
This behaviour deserves to be disclosed in public.
Thanks a lot Andy.
I raccomend the magnetic loop not only for the performance, the quality and the price but also for the customer care.

4NRADIO Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2011 20:13 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent Performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For the last few months I've been doing some methodical comparing of the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of many stations as heard through the Pixel Technologies RF PRO-1A and Wellbrook Communications ALA1530 active loop antennas. Using the spectrum analyzer qualities of the Perseus SDR receiver I've been able to be very objective on which loop antenna gives the best reception on all the LW, MW, and HF bands.

I've written a detailed review of the two loops which contains S/N charts for all bands, plus a selection of "A-B" comparison MP3 recordings and the original MS Excel spreadsheet file of raw S/N data available for download.

I've sent the review to some DX hobby web sites for possible publication, but Wellbrook has chosen to make the PDF file available now for download from their site:

I hope you find the comparison review useful. It was very interesting and refreshing to use a receiver like Perseus as a S/N measuring tool rather than just making observations "by ear" as I've done for all my previous reviews and articles over the years.

G8NLY Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Works as described!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Using this for some H fields tests as well as listening on the HF bands. Well made, waterproof, recommended for listeners with a restricted space or noisey environments