Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC-785D Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC-785D
Uniden BC-785D Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$499.95
Description: The Uniden BC-785D 1000 Channel Trunk Tracking Scanner with Digital transmission decoding for APCO-25 and Mixed mode 3600 baud systems. Radio also has receive from 25-512 MHz and 800-1240 less cellular.
More info: http://www.uniden.com/

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC-785D.

WNHY Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 05:14 Send this review to a friend
One was not enough!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two of these now as my base scanners. They are just great. Very sensitive and I have had no overload problems. The large display is wonderful, newer models are too tiny for base units. I have sold off my newer base units and my BC-780's. Don't have the BC-785D's set up for APCO-25 because there are none in my area. But on conventional and EDACS trunked they are the most pleasing base units I have ever had.

W3NRL Rating: 4/5 Oct 27, 2009 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Leraning curve  Time owned: more than 12 months
I now had mine 785d for several years and got mine on a trade and bought the APCO-25 and started to program the freq's in my area, and yes took me a while to learn the programming the radio, but once programming the radio was completed and i mounted and antenna on my tower and the radio works great.
my 4/5 is on my learning curve, not everyone else

W8CRZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2005 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!!!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great scanner. I have owned alot of different scanners over the years and this is nice. The prgramming takes a little learning but with something that has this many options it is to be expected. I use the ScanControl software and it works perfect with it. and this price is right. I wasn't into spending another 70-100 dollars for the other software.

WT3844 Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2004 20:07 Send this review to a friend
DIGITAL READY SCANNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GOOD UNIT IT IS A BIT MORE SENSITIVE THAN MY BC780 BUT OVERCOMES INTERMOD PRETTY GOOD ON VHF BY USING A NOTCH FILTER.I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT THIS UNIT BECAUSE I LIKED MY 780 SO MUCH AND DIDNT THINK THERE WAS ANYTHING BETTER GLAD I GOT IT DOESNT SHOW AS MUCH INFO ON THE LED BUT IT IS EASIER TO SEE. KEEP IT UP UNIDEN

AF4KK Rating: 4/5 Jun 25, 2004 11:07 Send this review to a friend
I love mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using my Uniden 785D scanner for over a year now and it really DOES perform without flaws! I am very impressed with the many capabilities this unit has, especially in the digital trunking area. Since the South Florida region doesn't use a 9600-baud system, thye 3600-baud will do just fine. The only small (teeny) gripes are the learning curve and the lack of some information on the LCD display. But, after all, they couldn't put EVERYTHING on the screen. It would be too cluttered! All in all, a FINE job by Uniden!

K9ZIP Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2004 03:05 Send this review to a friend
Super Scanner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a super scanner, It is user friendly, all the dials lite up, It covers 220Mhz thats cool. It's reciver is very good at least in San Diego area, Trunking is flawless, I love the Alpha numerics too. The siginal meter is a great new feature also. Super fast scanning 100 CH per second. WOW!! Comes with plenty of goddies three power supply conections scanner software that works good hooked up to the PC. Very easy to program also.
I would also recomend the BCT8 if you don't need digital for a $100 dollars less than the 785D its a really good deal,the reciver is super like the 785D, no alpha numeric or signal meter but the Highway Patrol alert syestm is cool and it works very well. But does not get 220Mhz oh well can't have everything.