Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Hellschreiber by IZ8BLY Help

Reviews Summary for Hellschreiber by IZ8BLY
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: Freeware program to run Hellschreiber mode

You can write your own review of the Hellschreiber by IZ8BLY.

WA0RJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2008 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to download and install. Help files are very good and written in several languages. Easy to configure. A few quirks, but I just need to get used to them. Will serve me well. I did notice that the computer slows down quite a bit when this software is running. Computer is a new Dell laptop. If you want to get into Hellschreiber use this software. You will like it.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2007 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Easy and Effective  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I know the current trend is multi-mode software, but there is something to be said for stand-alone programs. This one is uncluttered, easy to configure and very effective.

For those who've never tried Hell, the price is right (uh, what price?) and the experience is completely unique.

Bill

KR3DX Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2005 18:06 Send this review to a friend
HELL - It's the Best!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The following are my personal observations/opinions: I have been using Nino's software for over 5 years and I've found it to work very well. I became active on Hellschreiber soon after this software became available on the internet and I have used just about every version that has been introduced. This software has always been VERY easy to use, and the performance is very good. IZ8BLY's software is much more user friendly than the other programs that are available, it's very easy to configure or customize, the screen isn't too cluttered or "busy", so you can always tell what's going on with your QSO. Check out Nino's website at and give his programs a try. I also recommend "Stream" for PSK and MFSK modes, and "MT63 Terminal" for that mode. I hope to print you on my screen soon!

Denny

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2002 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Great mode-Great Program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is another freeware soundcard program that allows you to run Hellschreiber. If you have never been on this mode, check it out! It is a fantastic digital mode, and a lot of fun. The program is very easy to learn to use, and is pretty self explanatory. You set up a few configure items, and start typing. Has macros for the important text, and runs Feld Hell mode, as well as PSK Hell and FM Hell. I have not tried these last two, but hear that they work well. Even allows you to take a picture of the screen so you can email it to the station you were in QSO with and show them how well their signal was painted on your screen. That was sure a thrill for me-to get a picture of my first Hellschreiber QSO. If you have never run Hellschreiber, you have seen nothing like it. Works much better in marginal conditions than PSK, and much easier to tune than MFSK16. Sorry I don't know the website off the top of my head, but do a search for Hellschreiber and you will find the website to get the program

Hope to see you on this "Fuzzy mode" soon. We hang out on 14.063 or 14.080.