Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta 4C Antenna Switch Console Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta 4C Antenna Switch Console
Alpha Delta 4C Antenna Switch Console Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: The Delta-4C and Delta-4CN are desktop antenna switch consoles. These switch
consoles sit next to your rig without having to be installed on a wall or screwed down on
a desk top. They are true consoles and maintain the Delta-4 precision design. The cast
housing and connector arrangement is designed to prevent cables from pulling them
backward off the desk. The powder coated heavy black housing makes a beautiful
addition to your station.

These precision antenna switches employ the latest high-tech design. Cast aluminum
constant impedance cavities permit the switching of two or four antennas while
maintaining a constant 50 ohm impedance. Silver-plated phosphor bronze micro strip
construction ensures loss of less than 0.1 dB at 30 MHz with greater than 60 dB of
isolation (0.5 dB loss and 50 dB isolation at 450 MHz). The Delta switches offer three
levels of surge protection! In the common position the common is disconnected from all antennas and all antennas are connected to
ground. These switches feature a built-in surge protector. A replaceable D-4 Arc-Plug cartridge will divert harmful surges to ground. The
Arc-PlugŪ Cartridge Pill will not operate without a good ground. It is also good practice to ground the coax shield at point of entry to the
building. (Note: The Delta switches reduce the hazard of lightning induced surges, but will not prevent fire or damage caused by a direct
strike). Made in the U.S.A.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com/delta4c.html

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta 4C Antenna Switch Console.

WB1GXM Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 21:15 Send this review to a friend
AHIGH QUALITY SWITCH  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking for a high quality nice looking antenna switch. I found one - the 4c; missed two on ebay. It fits right into my console/shelving. It is rugged, heavy, attractive, does the job. I love it. I kept looking at all of the amateur radio trading sites - no go. I decided to do a WTB for a 4c, WOW! I had my choice of 5. I bought the first 3 I was offered. You want one? Put a WTB out there and you may have 2-3 offers. Great to have and will not sell them. DO NOT ASK.

WA4NUN Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Oldie Goody  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was lucky and picked up one of these as well as the straight 4 way Alpha Delta switch that were on consignment for way less than I paid for for one new form factor A/D console about three years ago. They were both still in the original shrink wrap. All three work flawlessly, but I prefer both the incline and appearance of the 4C above the new console switch. Rock steady in the shack shelf. There is just no reason in my mind to cut corners or try to save a buck when using coax switches to control antennas and rigs. Product is quality made, and having the gas pills in this, as well as the other A/D switches does add an extra layer of protection, that most others do not. The switches do require grounding to be effective.....do it!! One console controls three radios and the other controls four antennas, not a single failure yet!

If you are are lucky and find one of these on the used market in decent condition, even if needing minor repair, it would be a good investment.

WX2S Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Nice unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've wanted an antenna switch as a bit of extra protection from lightning strikes and to switch in a dummy load. After months of procrastinating, I bit the bullet and spent the extra bucks on the console model. Very happy I did.

The unit is nicely made and doesn't occupy too much desk space. It also gives me a nice station ground buss as a bonus. I also like the "old school" look and feel.

Other reviewers have noted quality problems with different A-D units. All four ports worked out of the box, the knob was tight on the shaft, no QC problems noted.

I bought the extra "pill" and taped it in a cranny of the switch, where it will stay until I need it (which will hopefully be never.)

I am a real owner of the switch, not "reputation control."

KA4ETV Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2010 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Great well built switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is not an inexpensive piece but in my view well worth the money. This is a heavy duty protected console type switch. Sits nicely on the bench and is heavy duty.

Excellent product.

KG6AMW Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2003 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Its A Good One  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned one for 6 months and highly recommend it. I to am sorry to see them no longer manufactured. Don, (W8AD), any chance we can talk you into bringing this fine switch back into production?

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2003 23:15 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent Accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
There are lots of junk accessories out there (no brand names please!), but this product is certainly an exception (praise also goes out to the Rigblaster/Rigrunner products by West Mountain Radio). I use this switch to select from 3 rigs going into my TenTec 238 tuner. The Alpha Delta product is well built and stays put on the operating desk. The console design is really unique and unlike any other RF switching product. It is all the switch you will need, unless you have more than 4 inputs or outputs!

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2003 22:06 Send this review to a friend
A real base station antenna switch !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this switch for 2 years now
with many different antennas (160m to 70cm) and
i am very satisfied.The center of the 4 SO-239 sockets came lose after using a bad quality PL-259
oversized connector (shame on me).A quick email
to Alphadelta and a brand new socket was on it's
way free of charge ! The switch was not even on warranty since i bought it from a ham on Ebay.
Really good service.The cabinet is heavy so
the switch is not moving around on the bench
with large coaxial cables attached.
There is no equivalent switch on the market
right now for that price range.
A real quality piece of equipment.