Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/PodCasts on ham radio | The Complete DXer by W9KNI Help

Reviews Summary for The Complete DXer by W9KNI
Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: Now out of print, this book covers every significant aspect of DX'ing. The author, Bob Locher W9KNI, dominated the CW-DXCC Honor Roll for years. Although written with the CW operator in mind, the information will be useful for all DX'ers.
More info: http://www.idiompress.com/about.html

You can write your own review of the The Complete DXer by W9KNI.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2002 17:27 Send this review to a friend
One of the strongest influences on my ham career  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you are interested in DXing, go to your computer, bring up www.amazon.com and have them do a search for a used copy of this book. It will be worth every dollar.

As a brand new ham, reading W9KNI taught me how to operate. Whatever I learned of ham etiquette, I learned from Bob. He taught me something about balancing my expenditures on antennas vs. what I spent on rigs; he taught me about balancing the drive for ultimate performance of an antenna system vs. good engineering and reliability.

But most of all, he gave me a love of HF radio. Now, if I could just develop some modicum of skill at it!

And, sigh, if I had only stuck to his advice about cheap PL-259s!