Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Radio Shack Pro-2067 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack Pro-2067
Radio Shack Pro-2067 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $249.00
Description: Multi trunking scanner
More info: http://www.radioshack.com

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack Pro-2067.

RICCOM Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2013 17:10 Send this review to a friend
ITs a good scanner   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I like this scanner, its a bit old but still can work as good as it was made for in the late 90's, This scanner can do the rebanding well, only if you have the first model, i have the first one so no special rebanding settings are needed, now as in Motorola trunking, i love it! edcas works very well, only issue i have is that, its not newbie friendly and to programming, is well a big learning curve!

NQ5F Rating: 2/5 May 6, 2011 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Good for a while....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had this scanner for about 4 years and it worked great. Then one day, it stopped recieving. I put several different antennas on it and nothing. Opened the case, didn't see any wires broken or anything. I'm at a loss..

SDZONE Rating: 3/5 Dec 30, 2003 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Ease of use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I must say that learning to use this scanner was not easy and murder to program! I use it mobile and it stops on "birdies" really bad I have to lock them out. I don't get the same "birdies" when using this as a base. It's almost a requirement to get Starr's software to program this unit. I have not figured out how to program the local analog EDACS or SMR yet. The manual needs a manual!

RDZONE Rating: 4/5 Sep 14, 2003 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Should have waited  Time owned: more than 12 months
A real nice scanner, just takes a little getting used to! I paid over 300.00 when they first came out, I think 4+ years ago. If you can find one for 100-150.00, Do it! I built a ground plane antenna and get many channels on all the bands. Maybe excessive but I have no complaints!

KC2IGY Rating: 4/5 Jun 28, 2003 00:05 Send this review to a friend
not bad  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is one of the many scanners I own, and it works well for me on all bands. If you can still find one, they are on closeout for less than $100. 500 channels, PL/DPL, and trunking for less than $100. You can't beat that.

FF131 Rating: 1/5 Jun 27, 2003 23:24 Send this review to a friend
OK scanner but has technical problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is an ok scanner, picks up 144-148 mhz and 450-458 mhz frequencies ok but does not pick up 800mhz frequencies well at all. My unit even has problems with the volume going to max even when the unit is just turned on to the minimum setting. Would not recommend this unit at all.

JRBARRETT Rating: 3/5 Apr 9, 2003 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Not that bad  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This radio is a good base scanner. However, if you plan on using it moble you better not try to trunk track. Trunking is next to worthless on this scanner. As a second scanner as a base it does do ok for trunking. This radio is murder to program without the software for the computer. I personally recommend Don Starrs software, but there are others out there too. For anyone that is looking to buy one you really should get the cable and software. www.pro92.com

AF4KK Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2003 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Just bought my 2'nd one!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Whew! Yes! The manual -IS- confusing but once you get past that, it's a fine radio and a very capable trunking scanner. I like the fact that it instantly displays the PL tones when the Uniden 780 has to search for it.
While it doesn't beat the new Uniden 785 for versatility, you can't beat the Pro-2067 with the $150 sale price!!

ROCKDALESO6144 Rating: 4/5 Jan 22, 2003 23:50 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As far as the radio goes, I am impressed. I picked up on sale for 150 at radio shack and let me tell you that I am impressed with the text tag on trunking and conventional frequencies. As far as the manual goes, it sucks. I had to spend many hours with the radio to figure out how to work the dern thing. The manual is horrible, but once you figure the thing out it's a great little radio. I also like the SAME weather alert feature

WOR7AVC Rating: 1/5 Dec 9, 2002 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Ok for local conventional, bad for everything else  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a 2067 last week and I found that on strong local conventional frequencies it worked ok. However on the local TRS system it was a horrible trunk tracker and the scanner at times would just drop the station then start scanning. If there was a weak or picket fence mobile station the display would become eradict at times and randomly start scanning ignoring any delay set. I final gave up and took it back for another scanner.