Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | icom ic-r2 Help

Reviews Summary for icom ic-r2
icom ic-r2 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $499.00
Description: handheld full coverage reciever
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the icom ic-r2.

N2OPJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2009 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio for scanning  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this radio for 5 years or more.. I have used it for FM while out walking. Now it resides on my night table for use if the fire dept. gets toned out on my Bearcat I put this on get the call and also take it with me on the call sometimes depending on my hurry out the door. I only use rechargeable batteries.

VO1MDS Rating: 4/5 Nov 19, 2002 08:56 Send this review to a friend
WHAT A GEM!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY FOR WILD LITTLE RECIEVER LIKE THE ICOM IC-R2 IT HAS EVERYTHING,(BUT SSB),NOT BAD REALLY,BUT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU DONT NEED SSB ON EVERY RADIO YOU OWN,YOU HAVE OTHER RADIOS THAT HAS SSB,CHANCE IS,YOU MAY NOT HERE ANYTHING ABOVE 54MHZ ANYWAY.SO I SAW THIS LITTLE GEM IN A LOCAL CATALOG,A BODDY OF MINE BOUGHT IT FOR THE PRICE,THEN SOLD IT TO ME,FELL IN LOVE WITH IT RIGHT THERE AND THEN,IF YOU GET CHANCE TO GET ONE DO IT,I HEARD THAT THERE IS MATCHING TRANSCIEVER AS WELL,THE ONLY FALL BACK I HAVE WITH IT,BATTERIES,BUY RECHARGABLES NOT REGULAR BATTERIES,SEE GIVES ME ABOUT 2 DAYS STRAIGHT WITHOUT A CHARGE.