Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Groton Electronics Lincoln, Mass. Help

Reviews Summary for Groton Electronics Lincoln, Mass.
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: groton electronics
More info: http://www.grotoneclectonics.com

You can write your own review of the Groton Electronics Lincoln, Mass..

W1PLM Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2005 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Looks like he Closed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews I decided to check out his web page. Here's what I found...
<*SNIP*>
Groton Electronics
We are out of business as of 3/1/2005.

Thank You for your support over the years

I want to thank all the great customers that have made me feel so appreciated. I have met many kind and wonderful people since I started this business in 1989. For this I am greatful. I am no longer accepting work. I will finish repairing the equipment that is still in the shop. This web site will remain active until October 2005.

My email address is

repair@grotonelectronics.com

Too Bad. Sounds like it was a quality operation

W5EW Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2005 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had shipped a Kenwood TS 940SAT to another highly recommended repair service and they charged me a big price but failed to find the problem. I then shipped it to Groton and they discovered that the antenna tuner had been wired in backwards, which was the reason it had never worked for me or the previous owner. He also informed me that it did not make delivery standards as set forth by the carrier and I made claim and got a total of refund of shipping charges----at least for the trip to Mass from Louisiana. The guy at Groton spoke with me on the telephone in a very professional manner and did not try to rush me. I highly recommend Groton and will be using them in the future should the need arise.

AK2A Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2004 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied!  Time owned: months
I found my recent experience with Jacques to be positive in every respect. I would use him again and I highly reccomend him to others. He fixed my sick TS450 and sent it back within a week. Price, IMHO, was right. Hes a very warm and easy-to-deal with guy. Thanks!

WU1Z Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2004 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Good Technician  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had to have my Kenwood 850-S repaired as it would not come out of transmit. Situation was that a capacitor had leaked onto the circuit board. I also needed a new lithium battery in the memory as the radio was 11 years old. It was a bit hard to find the problem as the capacitor was hidden underneath from view. He eventually found the problem.It did take some bench time to find the problem but I thought his service to be on the expensive side. As far as the quality of his work, well I am in full agreement with the other posts. He is extremely good at what he does and I would use him again. He was very polite and cordial and willing to take the time to tell you what needed to be done etc.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2004 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Friendly and human!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a Kenwood TS 130V from one of the ham web sites (not ebay) and it had more wrong with it than the seller represented. Jacques rebuilt the VFO and replaced the T/R switch and had it back to me in a week or so. I wouldnt hesitate to use him again.

N1OYR Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2004 20:02 Send this review to a friend
A-1 Quality Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my Kenwood TS-690S in to Jacq for a PLL unlock problem. Turnaround time less than one week!!Class A Service. Sidenote; Jacq has moved operation to Florida.

WA1KWA Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2004 09:16 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had the display problem with my Kenwood TS-440 where the display would become all dots. I shipped it to Kenwood, after 3 months I got a rather snide phone call from the tech saying he could find nothing wrong with it, sent it back, started malfunctioning again. I called Jacques & brought it by, he knew exactly what was wrong, repaired it much sooner than promised & at a very good price indeed. If you need your Kenwood (or other brand) repaired, I cannot reccomend Groton Electronics enough.

K4GPB Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2004 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Quality service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
"Jacques" at Groton Electronics stands behind his work is is very prompt and great to deal with. My TS-520S is like new in operation.

N8UV Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2003 19:58 Send this review to a friend
HF transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Purchased an HF transceiver from Jacques..He had repaired it and sold it to me. It is a great rig and I appreciate his quality work..Brian/N8UV

K1HC Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2003 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, but in Gardner, MA  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Groton Electronics for several years for repairs of my Kenwood gear and Jacques is excellent. He moved from Groton, MA quite a while ago and has been in a few other locations. I never remember Lincoln, MA, but I remember Littleton, MA. He moved from Franklin, MA in January 2003, and is now in Gardner, MA. Check out his web site to find out about the move!