Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-620 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-620
Alinco DR-620 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $350 or less
Description: Mobile/Base VHF+UHF Transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DR-620/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-620.

VE6CI Rating: 2/5 Jan 20, 2003 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Not Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just recently sent back my Alinco DR620TQ to the dealer I bought it from for a refund. I installed the radio in my 2000 Ford F150 which I have had numerous vhf radios installed before. The antenna was a Larsen dual band and larsen coil, I checked the swr and both bands were less than 1:5/1. Upon turning the rig on I was bombarded with intermod and when transmitting on high power the power would kick in and out, I then checked it into a dummy load same problem. I contacted the dealer and they suggested that I email Alinco and explain my problems, a few days later I received a email from Alinco wanting the radio sent to them for a modification which would improve the intermod. I did that and had them look at the radio for high power and and the down button on the mic did not work. I got it back hooked it up and immediately took it out of service and sent it back to the dealer i bought it from as there was no improvement except they fixed the up button on mic.
Now the Alinco dealer I bought it from has been very fair with my problems and I am looking at another radio with them.
My dealer is sending back the remaining DR620TQ back to Alinco as they tested the radio with same results as me.
Would I buy another Alinco "Yes" I am looking at the DR605TQ as the reviews on it are very good.

N3UPM Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2002 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Great so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the radio, installed in my vehicle. Replaced a DR-135, so all cables and brackets matched up. Only had to make clearance for the fan, which the 135 does not have. Took some forethought to figure out which frequencies to put where, the channel layout is a little different. As always, super easy operation and seems to hit all the repeaters that the 135 could with the same antenna. Another good one from Alinco.