Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | Dunestar- Two Radio Headphone Mix & Switch Help

Reviews Summary for Dunestar- Two Radio Headphone Mix & Switch
Dunestar- Two Radio Headphone Mix & Switch Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$52.00
Description: Take the headphone audio from two radios and combine into one stereo headphone set. You can mix or switch from one to the other. Allows you to listen to two bands at once and yet instantly switch to one or the other. Easy installation and operation. Especially handy for "Single Op Two Radio" contesting!
More info: http://www.dunestar.com/model842.htm

You can write your own review of the Dunestar- Two Radio Headphone Mix & Switch.

K6JEB Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2012 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Solid and PERFECT!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
How many times these days do you buy something and use it and realize how well-built, solid, and thought-out it is? How many times are your expectations exceeded?

The Dunestar- Two Radio Headphone Mix & Switch delivers exactly as advertised. It is solid, elegantly simple, and is a terrific addition to my shack.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2008 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Compared this to the new MJF unit. MFJ was backordered, and Dunestar customer service was great over the phone so I figured I would give it a try. It arrived ahead of schedule, I plugged it in, and it has worked flawlessly ever since. SO2R is noty a new concept, but lots of folks who have two rigs probably don't realize how easy it is to set up.

A word about SO2R: some of the "complete SO2R interfaces" are pricey. Well, I use this switch for the audio (a must-have), and the keying is switched using a Radio Shack nulti-stereo selector ($25), and the rig control from the computer is switched using a serial data transfer switch ($19). SO2R does not have to be expensive. You just need two rigs. You can get used rigs on eBay very cheap.

I use all wire antennas. SO2R for me (with my non-contest station) just means that I can monitor two bands at once and chase DX more effectively...and work DX split more effectively like hams who have dual receivers in the same rig (FT1000, IC7800, etc).

In summary, this Dunestar Model 842 device is EXACTLY what you need.

WK0F Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2002 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Great accessory for SO2R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been thinking about dabbling with two radio operation, and I came across this box from Dunestar. It is a very well made box. It gives you several modes, mix, left, right or stereo. I highly recommend it! You could probably make one for a little less, but this one is very professionally done. The box won't slide around on the operating desk. Good service.