Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Hakko 936 ESD Safe Temp Controlled Soldering Station Help

Reviews Summary for Hakko 936 ESD Safe Temp Controlled Soldering Station
Hakko 936 ESD Safe Temp Controlled Soldering Station Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $75 to 90
Description: Temperature controlled, 400-900 degrees F, fully adjustable and lockable temperature adjustment. 60W with separate iron holder, cleaning sponge, and long iron cord. Lots of additional tips and sizes. Also available in non-ESD safe style.
More info: http://www.hakkousa.com

You can write your own review of the Hakko 936 ESD Safe Temp Controlled Soldering Station.

K6TPJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 13:30 Send this review to a friend
great tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my first soldering station after 50 years of soldering (yeah, I'm slow to change). I can't compare it to other stations, but I will say it's quick to come to temperature, the temp control is very tight, and it seems very well made. I'm quite happy with it.

N4NYY Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2008 18:29 Send this review to a friend
First class performance, first class price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I paid $80 for this new. As good as those expensive wellers. Super quick warmup and temp change.

NO6E Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2008 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Beats Xytronic 379  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used the Xytronic for years, but I'd never
go back. Notably, I've cursed the very-short
cable between the base and iron (around 26")
on the 379. The cord on the Hakko is more
like 42", and always seems to reach where I need
it to on the bench.

I use the 936-12 for general soldering and some
light SMD work, and it seems to excel at all
the tasks.

Recommended.

KC9HTV Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2008 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Great soldering station  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for about 2 and a half years now, I highly recommend it. Great temperature control, sturdy, easy to change tips.

K4MC Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2008 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using irons and pencils add guns for soldering for 35 years and never knew what I was missing by not having a soldering station.
If your bench does not have one, it is a great tool to add.

I put away my irons and guns and use the Hakko. Oh, I still use my 100 watt iron for PL-259s, but for all else, the Hakko is the way to go.

K8AI Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2008 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Best no-frills station  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hakko stations are what we use in the Aerospace electronics industry and it far superior to the others, IMHO. I have the 936 at work and at home.
This thing's got great thermal recovery performance and reliability. Don't waste your money on a Weller when this one's about $100 new.

WU8P Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2007 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Soldering Station  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for just about a year now. I solder anything from PL-259's to SMD components. I can't beleive I didn't make this purchase years ago.
I have purchased many different tips and a spare replacement heating element from Hako USA. They have fantastic service and free shipping.

Phil WU8P

KD6TVH Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2007 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Worth the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used to build a K2/100 with DSP, ATU, battery, etc. Easy to swap tips, easy to control temperature, heats up fast. Used outside a few times (in a light drizzle), dropped down stairs, no problems. If you have trouble soldering, try this station out.

KD5TFC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2006 11:03 Send this review to a friend
One Less Item to Worry About  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Hakko is solidly built and does its job without fuss. I like how tightly regulated the temperature is. It feels like a machine that will last a long time. An order of magnitude improvement over my two RS pencil-type soldering irons.

Very highly recommended.

AC0H Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2005 05:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Soldering Station  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was given the Hakko 936 over the holidays.
One week after it arrived the Elecraft K2, KPA100, KAT100, KDSP2, KSSB, and 160m module showed up.

The 936 handled all of that soldering, 2-3 hours a day, must have been in the thousands of joints, in great order on the original set of Hakko tips.

There may be cheaper knock-offs but you usually get what you pay for.