Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MacLoggerDX Help

Reviews Summary for MacLoggerDX
MacLoggerDX Reviews: 151 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $95.
Description: General-purpose logging software with interfaces to many radios, internet DXClusters, TNCs, and QRZ CD ROM database. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
More info: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

You can write your own review of the MacLoggerDX.

SV1DKD Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best Log Application there is - PERIOD!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've tested about every major logging app there is (both on Windows and MacOS) and have switched to MacLoggerDX for about a year now.

Simply put MacLoggerDX is the best all round Logging Application for the serious DXer. Here are the attributes that just set it apart from the competition:

- Beautiful User Interface, with both a user-friendly modern/hi-tech design, and highly informational interface.

- Easy to Use and extremely SIMPLE to configure. No endless menus, tabs and config options, and no more endless macros/shortcuts to memorize. Unlike other popular logging apps, It's truly simple, yet very powerful and works out of the box! You'll be up & running within seconds (just like any other well-built app for the Mac).

- Beautiful 3D Visualizations (with a full resolution 3D DX Map/Globe), DX cluster spotting, Band Spotting, Award breakdown and so much more (including dx cluster spot notifications, with per band / mode & local / dx filtering, plotting on map etc)

- Full RIG, CW Keyer and Rotor control, extremely easy to integrate with your shack

- Automatic lookups from all the popular Callsign databases (QRZ.com etc)

- Automatic uploads of logged QSOs to LoTW, eQSL, QRZ.com, ClubLog and more, in REAL-TIME

- Automatic confirmations via LoTW, eQSL, QRZ.com and more

- Automatic QSL card generation, build beautiful customized QSLs with a click of a button, people will love them!

- Log integration with other apps such as FLDigi, WSJT-X, Export/Import, Backups & Recovery etc is a breeze

- Automatic DX Spot Notifications - you can track DX cluster spots and even specific callsigns/dxpeditions in real time.

- Automatic Award Progress Tracking - track progress of your DXCC/WAZ/VUCC status and more

- The best support I've ever seen. In an addition to a full comprehensive & continuously updated online manual, the good people at DogPark Software are *extremely helpful, fast and responsive* when you encounter trouble. I've had questions that I've sent during the weekend and late at night, that were answered almost immediately and comprehensively - amazing!

- New features and updates continuously released. This application just get's better and better over time, in fact I can't express my gratitude enough to Don VE3VRW from DogPark Software (the creators of MacLoggerDX), as *EVERY* feature request I have submitted has been implemented! It just doesn't get any better than that.

In short it's the best ham radio buy I've made in my 25 years as a HAM radio operator, and for the serious DXer is a small price to pay for the value that this software package offers.

Congratulations to Don VE3VRW and DogPark Software for this fantastic application!

Buy it and you won't be sorry - Highly Recommended!

AA4SB Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2017 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best Mac logging software i found. Sure it doesn't do Everything, but is much better and friendly than any others i tried, both free and paid programs. BEST part is the Ultimate in customer support as said in several other posts. I too have my own testimonial. Even though he had relentlessly posted instructions about how to interact with LoTW, I was too illiterate-computer lingo wise- to get it right. He looked at my Debug log and told me exactly what to do, all within 6 hrs on 4th of july weekend!!-Dedicated. This suits my bill for my level of contesting and would like to see something occur with Fldigi, but don't know if it is possible. These are the only things Don has received less than a 5 rating! I do know that he has recently made an excellent integration with LoTW and QRZ, which I believe was due to customer requests. Im VERY HAPPY

EA3HSO Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Best Mac logging App  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well designed, stable, and with. aeasy to read/use interface and with very good integration to external loggers such as Lotw and qrzx.com (auto upload), eqsl and Clublog.
Don's support is second. to none, always there to help and to receive feedback for program improvements. Worth every penny.

N7WI Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2017 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Why did I wait so long?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On Saturday a friend showed me how easy MacLoggerDX was to use. After 30 minutes of how everything worked I was hooked! I downloaded the demo and after a day fooling around with it setting things up and uploading All of my logs I decided buy it. I'm on day two now and can't believe how easy it really is. ALL of my logs are up to date, LoTW/ClubLog/QRZ all with one touch of a button! This blows away everything else I've used and wish I knew about this years ago! I can't tell you how pleased I am and wish everything else I have worked so easy. I can't tell you to buy it but you should at least try it. BTW Don, 15 minutes of demo time isn't enough! You should at least make it for 24hrs...

KE0IOU Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2017 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using MacloggerDX for just a few months. I had been searching for something to use and explored all the possibilities, I was all set to buy a PC just for my radio when I said what the heck let me give Maclogger a chance. I tried the free trials for a couple of days, really liked what I saw and made the purchase. I could not be happier!. I have had a couple of hiccups along the way, ALL of my own doing. But I will tell you this Don does a fabulous job of giving help. I don't think this guy ever sleeps. I will email him with a question/problem and get an answer back in minutes!. Tonight I was having a problem my contacts not uploading to LOTW. I had been playing around with it for a while. After an email Don figured it out and a couple of simple keystrokes I was up and running. Bottom line is this a great product with the best support you could possibly imagine. The graphics are great! I am very pleased and HIGHLY recommend MacloggerDX.

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 15:26 Send this review to a friend
Wish I could use it on a PC  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently, reluctantly, I've begun using a PC logging program...since my Flexradio works a little better on my PC. Sure wish I could use Maclogger on the PC. If you use a Mac (and why wouldn't you), don't hesitate ....MacLogger DX is by far and away the best logging program out there.

K8RJW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2017 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Support is Everything!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 25 years with a PC I finally made the switch to a Mac about 12+ years ago. I had to change from what I had been using for a logging program. I checked out several before deciding on MacLoggerDX. I've never been sorry since! (I'm running version 6.08) I have been writing databases for 20 years plus and I know what it takes to support what you write. You can have the best program in the world and if you don't support it, it isn't worth anything. I've dealt with Don Agro from time-to-time over the years and he has been great. The other night proved his support for his program...I wrote to Don at 10:30pm EST and had an answer in 25 minutes. Now that is support!!! Thanks Don!

GI0AZB Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 15:25 Send this review to a friend
The King of Loggers  Time owned: more than 12 months
We are a family of iMac users as well as iPads and of course when you add in Amateur Radios you find yourself in a unique situation. This means that normal software items such as loggers for your contacts can be hard to find and use. If you are in the field of portable or SOTA this is even more unique. We discovered MacLogger DX a few years ago and have used it extensively. This software is the King of loggers as far as we are concerned. It has developed and continues to develop with requests for help and updates actioned within hours and sometimes minutes. I do not joke, try this and see. Don the developer can turn around queries and requests inside a very short period of time. Both Esther GI0AZA and I have found the ease of use, the various features of the logger a gift and the stability excellent. If you need to try it do so, it has a 15 min reset period and you will enjoy the fun of exploring. We have tried various other free loggers and although they work, they do not cover all the features of MLDX.

KM6AAI Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2017 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Better than I said it was  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an update to the 4/5 review I did earlier. This is really a better program than perhaps it sounded like in my earlier review. At that review I was talking as a software engineer/developer (which I've been for 40 years) and not as a regular, run-of-the-mail ham. I have a lot more experience with the system than I had when I first reviewed it.

The changes that I wanted in my earlier review have not been implemented, but they are those of a software nerd, and not of a real user. The items I mentioned are simply not important in everyday use. Some would be nice to have, but again, they are really not necessary.

There is nothing you can't 'workaround' with this program... and there is nothing you probably ever will WANT to 'workaround.'

The only "workaround" I do on each new log entry is to change the time-on and-off to local time replacing the UTC (GMT) time. I wish this was a user-selected option. But the conversion is easy to make using any of the many GMT conversion web sites out there and my guess is that few hams would want to do this.

Granted this is an expensive program, but it is worth every single penny you will spend on it. If you are a Mac user, buy it and use it. You will be happy with it as well as the incredibly fast service the company will give you when/if you have questions.

K5ND Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2016 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Highly Responsive Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using MacLoggerDX for quite a few years. The software itself is top of the line as many here have already reported.

In addition, I've always found the support by Don Agro to be exemplary and highly responsive. Although, responsive may not be quite the right word. Here's why.

Last night I submitted an inquiry to the support group about VUCC Grid Squares, this morning around 6 AM I received a detailed response from Don. At noon, he announced a new version of the software that provided just the feature I was seeking.

So, the word for support might be "amazing" or "lightning quick" and it is certainly incredible.

If you're considering purchasing this software, I don't see how you could go wrong.