Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MacLoggerDX Help

Reviews Summary for MacLoggerDX
MacLoggerDX Reviews: 129 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $95.
Description: General-purpose logging software with interfaces to many radios, internet DXClusters, TNCs, and QRZ CD ROM database. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.

You can write your own review of the MacLoggerDX.

K9QJS Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 07:52 Send this review to a friend
World class support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used Don's MacLoggerDX for over 4 years now. I monitor the MacLoggerDX Yahoo group, which I recommend. Don is always on top of questions and provides prompt feedback and assistance; I am always impressed. If only I could get this kind of support on the other software that I use. I have tried other Mac-based logging software programs, and I keep using Don's software. For me, it is the easiest to use of the general logging programs out there and has a great user interface.
KB3UWO Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2015 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent application  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took the plunge and bought MacLoggerDX. No issues with set up, great interface and tons of information at your finger tips.I really appreciate it running native to the Mac environment and the interface reflects this as well.

It will take a bit of time to appreciate all of the features it has but simply "clicking" around gets it done. Logging a QSO is VERY simple and easy.

A fist rate program highly recommended. I'm hooked.
WB2LMA Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 08:34 Send this review to a friend
5 Star App & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using MacLoggerDX as well as the iPad version. I can not say that I have EVER had and issue with the software, However, when I had questions, I posted on the Group site and have always gotten an answer or solution.

I do follow the group and as a former internal corporate developer in moth the Microsoft and Unix platforms, I am totally amazed the level of support the developer provides to customers.

AS far as the features of MacLoggerDX and HD, it has been a remarkable software product. I have been a HAM since 1973 and have used more logging applications than I can remember. From my perspective, this application outshines the Best of the Best.

Thanks you Don, for a really superior application and more importantly, the amazing support you provide to each and every customer.

FIVE STAR Rating from me.
WB2LMA, Plano, Texas
K0OK Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2015 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally made the jump to an IMac after 20+ years of using Windows PCs. I used ACLog on my PC and loved the program. I was actually considering running Parallels so I could continue to use ACLog as my logger.

I decided to give the MacLoggerDX demo a try and I was hooked. I purchased the program a day later and haven't looked back. Great software with outstanding support.
M0AZE Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2015 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Worth buying. A Mac for   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been putting the 'shack' together for my dad to help him back into the hobby. I'm not a radio ham but grew up around these things.

I have to say how impressed I am with this software and does everything my dad needs. It has opened up a new world for him, monitoring DX clusters, having the screen refresh with relevant information that can be read. He's made more use of his radio in the past couple of weeks than all of last year.

It's worth buying a Mac just to have this program - which even I find fascinating and educational.

Easy to install, I had to work at setting it up on my fathers behalf - but it was a great opportunity to work together. For a ham setting up should not be an issue. I've worked out and designed a new QSlL card and he's emailing them all over the world.
Great user experience - well done.

Paull on behalf of my dad.
W9CN Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2014 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running MacLoggerDX since 2006. Its a full featured logging program that Don has been diligently updating and keeping current.

Its easy to use and it helps me make more QSO faster during contests. The "Band" display makes it easy to find rare "spots" and the interface to my Yaesu FT DX 5000 is seamless.

The logging database is robust and fast to sort and search.

As other have noted Don is responsive to emails and always helpful.

Best money I have spent in Ham radio.

Best regards and '73

WD1V Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2014 06:59 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Imagine getting a product that is the result of > 10 years of passionate efforts to improve by listening and intelligently implementing what ham radio customers want. That is MLDX today - tested and proven again and again and again.

I reviewed this program 10 years ago and gave it a 5/5 then. Don Argo has continuously enhanced and improved MLDX to keep it at the summit of Mac (and now iPad) logging programs.

Thank you Don, VE3VRW! If Steve Jobs were alive and a ham, this is what he'd use for logging. He'd say it met his "insanely great" criteria.

John - WD1V
NR5K Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using MacLoggerDX (MLDX) for about two years. Before that I was completely disappointed with the quality and support of all the logging programs I had used which includes all of the best known Windows and Linux programs. I am primarily a UNIX guy and a retired software engineer. So once I tried MLDX on an old iMac I was totally hooked. The software ran just fine on that eight year old iMac and still does. However, with the switch to 64-bits I now use a newer MacPro. As everyone has mentioned, the service and support is second to none. And I mean second to none in the entire software industry. I use MLDX every day and never have any issues with it failing to start up correctly, hanging up or any other problems. It is Rock Solid.

Don is continuously updating the software to support new radios, changes in operating modes and external interfaces when they change. For example, recently Google changed the API for Google Maps. Two days later we had an updated version of MLDX that supported the new API requirements. And reference files (DXCC country list, etc) are updated as soon as there is a change.

Serious contesters will need to use something else but it is trivial to import a contest log (in ADIF) so that all logging can be kept in one place for awards tracking, etc. Casual contesters like me can just continue to use MLDX in "Contest mode".

One of the main things I like about MLDX is the ability to completely customize the various dialogs for DX Clusters, Logging, Band Plans and others. Virtually everything is tailorable to one's individual tastes or requirements.

On a scale of 1-10 I give MLDX an 11. It is clearly the best day-to-day logging program I have ever used.
KF2T Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Great support!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally went all the way and swapped out my last Windows PC (the shack computer) for a Mac. Evaluated all of the available Mac OS loggers out there, and within half an hour of trying MacLoggerDX, I was hooked.

It's a well-written, nicely laid out application that runs all the time in my shack. Don responds personally and quickly to requests. His very professional and effective response to a bug I found in the most recent update so impressed me I have to say - GO BUY THIS PROGRAM.

As some have mentioned, there are a few minor bits that could stand tweaking. LoTW upload and download, like interfacing with other applications, relies on an external script, for example - not a big deal, but would be nice to have automated. Would like to have more filtering for DX Cluster alarms (for example, alert on any 6 meter spots, but needed DXCC only for HF). Individual tracking of paper vs LoTW QSLs would be nice. But if that's all I can come up with, then it's a good deal all around.

Don is involved and engaged in this product. It is great to see a quality application coming from a real-life user and operator. Did I mention you should get this program?
KF5HEL Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2013 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Great product for Mac Hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using MacLoggerDX for just over a month and have to say, it has really enhanced my ham radio hobby. It interfaces cleanly with my Kenwood TS-590S, and I'm constantly finding new features that I really like (DX Clusters are awesome).

This is also a Mac app that *feels* like a Mac app. The author, Don, has gone to lengths to abide by the Mac User Interface Guidelines, and it shows. Also, Don has been very quick to provide the few questions I had and even went as far as to implement an idea I had.

In short, you get great software that adheres to the Mac philosophy, and a developer who is responsive and eager to make his product better. What more could you ask for?