Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MacLoggerDX Help

Reviews Summary for MacLoggerDX
MacLoggerDX Reviews: 148 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $95.
Description: General-purpose logging software with interfaces to many radios, internet DXClusters, TNCs, and QRZ CD ROM database. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
More info: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

You can write your own review of the MacLoggerDX.

N7WI Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2017 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Why did I wait so long?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On Saturday a friend showed me how easy MacLoggerDX was to use. After 30 minutes of how everything worked I was hooked! I downloaded the demo and after a day fooling around with it setting things up and uploading All of my logs I decided buy it. I'm on day two now and can't believe how easy it really is. ALL of my logs are up to date, LoTW/ClubLog/QRZ all with one touch of a button! This blows away everything else I've used and wish I knew about this years ago! I can't tell you how pleased I am and wish everything else I have worked so easy. I can't tell you to buy it but you should at least try it. BTW Don, 15 minutes of demo time isn't enough! You should at least make it for 24hrs...

KE0IOU Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2017 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using MacloggerDX for just a few months. I had been searching for something to use and explored all the possibilities, I was all set to buy a PC just for my radio when I said what the heck let me give Maclogger a chance. I tried the free trials for a couple of days, really liked what I saw and made the purchase. I could not be happier!. I have had a couple of hiccups along the way, ALL of my own doing. But I will tell you this Don does a fabulous job of giving help. I don't think this guy ever sleeps. I will email him with a question/problem and get an answer back in minutes!. Tonight I was having a problem my contacts not uploading to LOTW. I had been playing around with it for a while. After an email Don figured it out and a couple of simple keystrokes I was up and running. Bottom line is this a great product with the best support you could possibly imagine. The graphics are great! I am very pleased and HIGHLY recommend MacloggerDX.

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 15:26 Send this review to a friend
Wish I could use it on a PC  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently, reluctantly, I've begun using a PC logging program...since my Flexradio works a little better on my PC. Sure wish I could use Maclogger on the PC. If you use a Mac (and why wouldn't you), don't hesitate ....MacLogger DX is by far and away the best logging program out there.

K8RJW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2017 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Support is Everything!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 25 years with a PC I finally made the switch to a Mac about 12+ years ago. I had to change from what I had been using for a logging program. I checked out several before deciding on MacLoggerDX. I've never been sorry since! (I'm running version 6.08) I have been writing databases for 20 years plus and I know what it takes to support what you write. You can have the best program in the world and if you don't support it, it isn't worth anything. I've dealt with Don Agro from time-to-time over the years and he has been great. The other night proved his support for his program...I wrote to Don at 10:30pm EST and had an answer in 25 minutes. Now that is support!!! Thanks Don!

GI0AZB Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 15:25 Send this review to a friend
The King of Loggers  Time owned: more than 12 months
We are a family of iMac users as well as iPads and of course when you add in Amateur Radios you find yourself in a unique situation. This means that normal software items such as loggers for your contacts can be hard to find and use. If you are in the field of portable or SOTA this is even more unique. We discovered MacLogger DX a few years ago and have used it extensively. This software is the King of loggers as far as we are concerned. It has developed and continues to develop with requests for help and updates actioned within hours and sometimes minutes. I do not joke, try this and see. Don the developer can turn around queries and requests inside a very short period of time. Both Esther GI0AZA and I have found the ease of use, the various features of the logger a gift and the stability excellent. If you need to try it do so, it has a 15 min reset period and you will enjoy the fun of exploring. We have tried various other free loggers and although they work, they do not cover all the features of MLDX.

KM6AAI Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2017 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Better than I said it was  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an update to the 4/5 review I did earlier. This is really a better program than perhaps it sounded like in my earlier review. At that review I was talking as a software engineer/developer (which I've been for 40 years) and not as a regular, run-of-the-mail ham. I have a lot more experience with the system than I had when I first reviewed it.

The changes that I wanted in my earlier review have not been implemented, but they are those of a software nerd, and not of a real user. The items I mentioned are simply not important in everyday use. Some would be nice to have, but again, they are really not necessary.

There is nothing you can't 'workaround' with this program... and there is nothing you probably ever will WANT to 'workaround.'

The only "workaround" I do on each new log entry is to change the time-on and-off to local time replacing the UTC (GMT) time. I wish this was a user-selected option. But the conversion is easy to make using any of the many GMT conversion web sites out there and my guess is that few hams would want to do this.

Granted this is an expensive program, but it is worth every single penny you will spend on it. If you are a Mac user, buy it and use it. You will be happy with it as well as the incredibly fast service the company will give you when/if you have questions.

K5ND Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2016 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Highly Responsive Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using MacLoggerDX for quite a few years. The software itself is top of the line as many here have already reported.

In addition, I've always found the support by Don Agro to be exemplary and highly responsive. Although, responsive may not be quite the right word. Here's why.

Last night I submitted an inquiry to the support group about VUCC Grid Squares, this morning around 6 AM I received a detailed response from Don. At noon, he announced a new version of the software that provided just the feature I was seeking.

So, the word for support might be "amazing" or "lightning quick" and it is certainly incredible.

If you're considering purchasing this software, I don't see how you could go wrong.

VE7ON Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2016 10:13 Send this review to a friend
The very best Mac logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Several years ago I had finally had enough of Windows' very temperamental operating system. The obvious replacement choice was a Mac and I have never been happier since the change. The next problem was to find a logging program. I tried a few of the other one out there but found them clunky to operate. The first time I tried the demo version of MacLogger I knew it was the right one for me. I have been using MacLogger exclusively for over 5 years now and couldn't be happier. The program is constantly evolving and the support is outstanding. Suggested changes and improvements are dealt wit very quickly. No fuss at all.

A happy customer.

KE0JMZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2016 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional quality and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very happy with MacLoggerDX the name is somewhat missing leading in that it is much more than just logging or DX software. It does the logging and DX assist wonderfully but it also controls my Yeasu FT-450D, generates QSL cards, controls your rotor and much more. This last 4th of July I used it to help me with the 13 colonies contest and it was a huge help and made the contest more enjoyable. I also like the way the Bands window shows you where you are at all the time in the band and simply click anywhere in the band and my FT-450D is set to go at that location.

If you have a Mac and are thinking about using software to assist you this is it. Download it and try it, you get the full package to try for as long as you like as long as you restart it every 15 minutes. And the support provided by Don is incredible! Updates/improvements are continually made.

KB2GCG Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2016 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Works as promised  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great program for the Mac user. Of course, like any other software, it can't be all things to all hams at all times. A careful read of the documentation gave me a clear idea that my needs would be met and they were. Great job and highly recommended.