Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MacLoggerDX Help

Reviews Summary for MacLoggerDX
MacLoggerDX Reviews: 142 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $95.
Description: General-purpose logging software with interfaces to many radios, internet DXClusters, TNCs, and QRZ CD ROM database. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
More info: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

You can write your own review of the MacLoggerDX.

WA5TVO Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2016 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I returned to ham radio after a long period in which I was QRT. I soon found that the old paper logging routine was inadequate for my needs. I trialed a number of Mac OS X logging programs at that time, but none seemed to have the versatility of MacLoggerDX. I remain a very satisfied customer after several years of using this application, which over time, has only improved due to the ongoing work of VE3VRW (Don Agro). One element of this program that you will find is worth every dollar paid is the excellent customer service that is no further than your email inbox. Over the years, Don has answered every inquiry (or problem) I have had with his program expeditiously and completely. If you are looking for an excellent Mac OS X logging program that can meet the needs of the most demanding user, you need look no further. Your money will be well spent!

MM0WST Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2016 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Best of Class!  Time owned: more than 12 months
MacLoggerDX is the only ham radio software I use now (and I've tried them all). After replacing Windows with Mac OS I was really stuck until I heard about this. Watching live DX across a map you can see where the good propagation is. The app is superbly designed by a DXer! I was amazed at how easy it was to set up with my KX3 and rig control is excellent. I have it configured with my QRZ account which feeds in call data in real time. It is amazing watching the QSL card graphics running in real time from the cluster feed. I also have the iPad version which is a must - this allows me to monitor the cluster on my TV (a quick flick of a button and you can monitor traffic). I had a registration problem with my licence key at the start and Don replied to my email within 5 minutes. Impressive! Buy with confidence.

NY1H Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2016 06:20 Send this review to a friend
Best Tech Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have tried other programs for my Mac and was not happy.
Downloaded MacLogger and was easy to set up.
Works with my Contest rig perfectly.
Last night I wanted to dabble in the CQ 160 meter contest and had a problem, I could not find my registration number. I sent out a request for the number at 8:30pm on Friday night figuring I might get a reply on Monday, But to my surprise I was sent my number at 9:00pm. I was back in the game. That my friends is Great customer support.
73" Bob NY1H

K9QJS Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 07:52 Send this review to a friend
World class support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used Don's MacLoggerDX for over 4 years now. I monitor the MacLoggerDX Yahoo group, which I recommend. Don is always on top of questions and provides prompt feedback and assistance; I am always impressed. If only I could get this kind of support on the other software that I use. I have tried other Mac-based logging software programs, and I keep using Don's software. For me, it is the easiest to use of the general logging programs out there and has a great user interface.

KB3UWO Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2015 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent application  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took the plunge and bought MacLoggerDX. No issues with set up, great interface and tons of information at your finger tips.I really appreciate it running native to the Mac environment and the interface reflects this as well.

It will take a bit of time to appreciate all of the features it has but simply "clicking" around gets it done. Logging a QSO is VERY simple and easy.

A fist rate program highly recommended. I'm hooked.

WB2LMA Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 08:34 Send this review to a friend
5 Star App & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using MacLoggerDX as well as the iPad version. I can not say that I have EVER had and issue with the software, However, when I had questions, I posted on the Group site and have always gotten an answer or solution.

I do follow the group and as a former internal corporate developer in moth the Microsoft and Unix platforms, I am totally amazed the level of support the developer provides to customers.

AS far as the features of MacLoggerDX and HD, it has been a remarkable software product. I have been a HAM since 1973 and have used more logging applications than I can remember. From my perspective, this application outshines the Best of the Best.

Thanks you Don, for a really superior application and more importantly, the amazing support you provide to each and every customer.

FIVE STAR Rating from me.
WB2LMA, Plano, Texas

K0OK Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2015 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally made the jump to an IMac after 20+ years of using Windows PCs. I used ACLog on my PC and loved the program. I was actually considering running Parallels so I could continue to use ACLog as my logger.

I decided to give the MacLoggerDX demo a try and I was hooked. I purchased the program a day later and haven't looked back. Great software with outstanding support.

M0AZE Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2015 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Worth buying. A Mac for   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been putting the 'shack' together for my dad to help him back into the hobby. I'm not a radio ham but grew up around these things.

I have to say how impressed I am with this software and does everything my dad needs. It has opened up a new world for him, monitoring DX clusters, having the screen refresh with relevant information that can be read. He's made more use of his radio in the past couple of weeks than all of last year.

It's worth buying a Mac just to have this program - which even I find fascinating and educational.

Easy to install, I had to work at setting it up on my fathers behalf - but it was a great opportunity to work together. For a ham setting up should not be an issue. I've worked out and designed a new QSlL card and he's emailing them all over the world.
Great user experience - well done.

Regards

Paull on behalf of my dad.

W9CN Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2014 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running MacLoggerDX since 2006. Its a full featured logging program that Don has been diligently updating and keeping current.

Its easy to use and it helps me make more QSO faster during contests. The "Band" display makes it easy to find rare "spots" and the interface to my Yaesu FT DX 5000 is seamless.

The logging database is robust and fast to sort and search.

As other have noted Don is responsive to emails and always helpful.

Best money I have spent in Ham radio.

Best regards and '73

Mike
W9CN

WD1V Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2014 06:59 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Imagine getting a product that is the result of > 10 years of passionate efforts to improve by listening and intelligently implementing what ham radio customers want. That is MLDX today - tested and proven again and again and again.

I reviewed this program 10 years ago and gave it a 5/5 then. Don Argo has continuously enhanced and improved MLDX to keep it at the summit of Mac (and now iPad) logging programs.

Thank you Don, VE3VRW! If Steve Jobs were alive and a ham, this is what he'd use for logging. He'd say it met his "insanely great" criteria.

John - WD1V