Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | OPEK UVS-200 Dual Band Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for OPEK UVS-200 Dual Band Antenna
Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: This is a dual band Amateur Base Antenna. It covers 2 meters and 70 centimeters. 6 dB gain on 144-148 MHz and 8 dB gain on 440-450 MHz. 200 watt power rating. 100" overall height. Fiberglass radome. Stainless steel radials. Includes die cast aluminum mounts

You can write your own review of the OPEK UVS-200 Dual Band Antenna.

KC0QME Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2004 15:00 Send this review to a friend
best for the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
well to sum it up, this is the best antenna for the money. i couldn't see spending the xtra money for a diamond or a comet. it has performed as well if not better than any of the other's i own.it has withstood the ice and winds here in Missouri this winter,and hasn't skipped a lick. i highly recommend this antenna to others. the price is right and the performance is excellent. hope it lasts 15-20 years.

UT5UIL Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2003 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna is very easy to install and seems need no alignment.
Iím still not sure about its hardware that looks not reliant enough but there were no problems still.
Its performance is very good and price is relative low so I give 5 of 5.

W1CAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2003 17:39 Send this review to a friend
excellent alternative to higher priced name brands  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered my UVS 200 from Bux Commco about six months ago. Upon receipt, I immediately assembled it and put it up. I have a simple ungrounded offset mast made of 1 1/2" emt (electrical conduit) and it is mounted to it, about two feet above my roof. I wanted to mount it higher, but being new in the neighborhood, I wanted to wait until I felt comfortable enough with the neighbors before mounting antennas any higher. In addition, I'm on a 1,300 foot mountaintop that gives me a good height advantage regardless. Anyway, the antenna performs spectacularly. I can hit repeaters almost 150 miles from my qth. I have had 2 meter simplex conversations at distances nearly half that; using 25 watts of power. It is a tough antenna, solidly built, watertight, and powerful. It survived the ice storm we had here last month and the high winds that accompany living on a hilltop. I would recommend this antenna to anyone interested in a mid-gain vertical omni base antenna, that wants good performance but isn't willing to spend all the money Diamond and Comet want you to spend on their alternatives. From what I can see, there is no difference at all other than the price.

More than pleased with its little brother, I ordered a UVS 300 this week, and am awaiting a chance to use the 8+ db on 2 meters and 11+ db on 440 when I get it.

WB6AEA Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2003 02:47 Send this review to a friend
So far, so good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the UVS-200 from R-L Electronics and it was delivered today. It was quite easy to assemble and surprisingly well constructed for the $60 price. After mounting it atop a 30 foot mast and verifing the VSWR on both bands I started checking out the repeaters in the area that I'd been unable to hit up to now. I got good, strong signal reports on 144 and 440 repeaters that I couldn't even break the squelch on before.

Bottom line... so far I'm very happy and would recommend the OPEK UVS-200 to anyone needing a 2m/70cm omni antenna with moderate gain.

N0PWZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2002 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Solidly Constructed Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna from Bux Commco. It's surprisingly well constructed and bargain priced at that. The fiberglass is solid and the unit seals with an O-ring at the junction of the two fiberglass sections. We'll see how it takes the winter in a repeater application. Otherwise, it's quite a bargain for $69.95 even though I'd never heard of the company before. Does anyone else use these successfully?