Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | NCS Multi-Switcher 4 headset to 4 radio switcher Help

Reviews Summary for NCS Multi-Switcher 4 headset to 4 radio switcher
NCS Multi-Switcher 4 headset to 4 radio switcher Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: The NCS Multi-Switcher is a "mini-console" that lets you switch all operator equipment (microphone, headset, keyer, foot-switch, etc) to any of four radios at the push of a button. You can switch between a headset, desk or hand mic, TNC, Phone Patch, Sound Card, etc. The Multi-Switcher matches the impedance, audio level and pin-out of nearly any microphone to virtually any radio including vintage rigs. The Multi-Switcher also switches your foot- or hand-switch and CW keyer to the selected radio. The Multi-Switcher handles up to 4 audio sources (headsets etc) and also provides amplification so it will improve the performance of some radios that have low audio.
More info: http://www.ncsradio.com

You can write your own review of the NCS Multi-Switcher 4 headset to 4 radio switcher.

VK6RK Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2016 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine for over 10 years now, It's done everything I've asked of it.Many radios, mics, headsets etc and it just keeps on working as it should.I dont know if its still available but if you can get one you wont be disappointed.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2005 13:23 Send this review to a friend
A must for VHF contests  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My main problem during VHF contests was running the bands with a contact who has the capablity of multiple VHF bands. I have always had to switch microphones, headsets and CW keyer from one band to another... and it takes time. At Dayton 2005, I purchased the NCS-3240 and some Heil Microphone connectors to make up some of my own cables. I've had the unit in operation now for a month, getting ready for the June VHF contest. I operate 5 rigs during the contest (IC-756Pro, IC-275H, TS-2000X, IC-475A and a IC-275A) plus many transverters. The Multi-Switcher is such a fantastic addition to my contest station. Its just a breeze to sit at my computer and just push a button on the NCS-3240 to switch radios on-the-fly. No problems with RF feedback at all. I use a Heil headset and Heil Pro microphone as inputs plus an electronic keyer. With a push of one button, I now automatically switch my Mic, Headphone, Keyer AND footswitch to one of 4 Rigs... yes, the 5th Rig for 2304Mhz (IC-275A driver) needs to be done manually. This June will be the real test how fast I can run the bands with a contact... It looks now that I will have to wait for the "other" guy...... I'll be there in a flash. Great Product- very well build inside and extremely flexable. Highly recommended.

KA3MTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2003 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Thanks for an Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been waiting for someone to come out with a product like this for over a year now. When I read the review in QST, I couldn't wait to get the product, so I e-mailed Doug and the crew at NCS and asked them to please hold one for me at Dayton this year. Mine was the last one they had under the table!
This is an incredible piece of equipment...I use it to switch a Heil Microphone between a Yaesu FT-920 and a Kenwood TS-430S. I also have a Rigblaster that I use for SlowScan, PSK31, RTTY, etc. I have just recently added EchoLink into my ham radio hobby, and set up a link on 440MHz. The Multi-Switcher has made this task so easy! Since I use my RigBlaster with my Kenwood 430, it's now easier than ever to use the same RigBlaster with my Icom 207H for my EchoLink system. I simply Press Mic2, select Radio3, and there I have it! No cords to disconnect, no changning audio properties, etc.
The other great thing about the product is their customer service. I found that I needed some longer cables, and they were sent to my home in no time at all, and no extra charge! Because of the lack of RF grounding in my shack, I was having a little bit of a problem with RF feedback. I called Doug and he sent a cable out with an isolation transformer in it - again...at no extra charge! This did the trick and it works flawlessly!
Thanks Doug and your crew for a great product!