Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QFile by RadioWarehouse Help

Reviews Summary for QFile by RadioWarehouse
QFile by RadioWarehouse Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: QFile is a high-quality, intelligent system for organizing your QSL collection to enable quick retrieval of cards. Consisting of 340 5"x8" preprinted, mylar-reinforced index dividers, QFile DXCC allows you to sort, store, and index all of your QSL cards for easy award application and a professional appearance. Based on the official ARRL entity list, each set also includes an additional quantity of blank cards for indexing of your deleted entities. QFile WAS edition is also available for indexing cards by each State. Order on-line at the RadioWarehouse secure website. RadioWarehouse, LLC PO Box 77001, Charlotte, NC 28271-7000 Tel: 704-321-2300
More info: http://www.radio-warehouse.com

You can write your own review of the QFile by RadioWarehouse.

AL9A Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2006 14:52 Send this review to a friend
QFile storage boxes  Time owned: more than 12 months
Apparently Radio-Warehouse.com has gone out of business; their web site is no longer operational. Too bad as the QFile system dividers are a great product. I hope some other vendor will pick them up in their product line.

I had ordered two storage file boxes when I ordered my QFile system divider cards. After a year I needed more file capacity and ordered two more boxes. Recently I again needed more file boxes, but now Radio-Warehouse is no longer to be found.

A Google search of the web helped me find the brand and model of file boxes that were sold by Radio-Warehouse. They are manufactured by Globe Weis and the product number is GLW95GRE. If you use the QFile dividers and have previously used the file boxes from Radio-Warehouse these are identical to the ones they were selling. As an added bonus, the cost is much lower than the Radio-Warehouse price.

Do a Google search on "GLW95GRE" and you will get lots of hits on office supply warehouses who will ship same or next day UPS ground to lower 48 US states. I had to have mine dropped shipped to a relative in IL and then reshipped via USPS to AK, but I now have them in hand.

N5KCJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2003 01:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
QFile is one of the best Ham Radio accessories there is. I've tried many different "home remedies" and nothing I've come up with beats QFile. Make sure you buy the DXCC and the WAS packages together because if you get just one, you'll definitely decide you want the other afterward.

While this is the best product I've found, and I'm extremely happy with it, there are a couple things that are lacking, but which do not completely detract from the product as a whole.

The first is the fact that the filing, which is based on the DXCC entity list, is sorted by basic prefixes for each country, which results in some callsigns appearing to be mis-filed. For example, MM0 callsigns from Scotland are filed with the index card labeled GM/GS Scotland. This makes it sometimes difficult to find a country when the prefix doesn't exist in the filing system. My 6J1 cards from Mexico are filed under XE of course. It would make more sense to me for the cards to be indexed primarily by country name than by prefix, especially considering any special callsigns (like the 6J1's from 2002). Your mileage may vary of course.

QFile does include five blanks for your own custom entries. A few more than five would be appreciated. Perhaps ten or even twenty would be much better.

The third and final item isn't so much lacking, as it is curious. The DXCC set of cards includes one card for all continental US entries, but Alaska and Hawaii have seperate cards. When combined with the WAS set, this results in a duplicate locations for card indexing. (I bought the WAS set which includes Alaska and Hawaii, and filed them in the section that encompasses the continental US)

But let me state that with these three things, I'm still extremely happy with the product. The price for either package is more than reasonable, communications with the manufacturer were excellent. Shipping was delayed, but still acceptable. I had to change the shipping address as a result of the backorder, and the manufacturer was most accomodating with it. Payment via Paypal made things very easy.

If you haven't already, BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

K4NR Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2002 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As an active DXer, I'm always trying to find better ways to organize the QSL cards I receive. The Q-File system turned out to be just what I needed. Quality printing and plastic tabs make this far better then the ones I made for WAS. I purchased 5 file boxes from Office Depot and spent the better part of a week getting all those QSLs organized. Now I feel like I can find a card when I need it.

TU es 73 de Tom, K4NR

WA2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2002 19:24 Send this review to a friend
A blessing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great way to organize the cards. I thought I was doing well, but these cards helped me find a couple I didn't know I had. With spaces on the front of the cards to record band and mode, these make keeping tabs on the DX cards easy. THANKS for the help!!

W4AN Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2002 00:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Really great for organizing QSLs.