Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | DX4Win Help

Reviews Summary for DX4Win
DX4Win Reviews: 66 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: Comprehensive logging software for Windows

You can write your own review of the DX4Win.

N4QS Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
DX4WIN is a powerful logging program with the best user interface on the market. The recent negative reviews were obviously made by inexperienced ops who haven't taken the time to learn and master the program. I have been using it for 10+ years, and I am continually amazed at how well the program interfaces with my K3, DX cluster and LOTW. I have tried several other programs such as DXBase, DXLab, HRD, etc. and I immediately revert back to DX4WIN. I can instantly switch between SSB, CW, RTTY and PSK modes within the program. I can also double click on a packet spot to immediately be in position to call a rare DX station with the correct split. The new band map is also a great way to view spots across an entire band. I recently used N1MM and DX4WIN in Belize so that I could upload to both Clublog and LOTW several times a day. I would export an ADIF file from N1MM, import that file into DX4WIN and then immediately upload to LOTW. Everything performed without a hitch. Award tracking is also top notch and AD1C provides excellent support in keeping country files up to date and in providing valuable utilities that provide even greater value and usability for the program.
W2PK Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Rock solid, excellent program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm very surprised at the last several reviews of the fine piece of software. I've been using DX4WIN for almost 20 years now on a wide variety of computers, controlling numerous radios, and I can speak to its versatility and stability. It performs its many functions very well, very efficiently. Reports? QSL labels? Easy, fast links to Go-List and One or two keystrokes away from all of them...and more.

And if you do ever run into problems or have questions, there's an extremely active and helpful reflector. Jim, AD1C, is the DX4WIN resident expert on the reflector -- check out his web page to see how much time he puts into supporting the program:

This a a terrific general logging program for those wishing to spend a little time setting it up and becoming familiar with it.

WD5CND Rating: 0/5 Feb 7, 2012 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Not what I expected  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a nightmare for me. A big waste of valueable funds too. Cannot get anything to work right. So complicated to use. Try the trial before you buy! Asked for refund as I could not use program, No way it seems. Sure expected a lot more from a Ham. Greed
TF2LL Rating: 0/5 Dec 13, 2011 03:24 Send this review to a friend
Big mistake.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I made a mistake, I purchased and download instead of start with the trial. After downloading I see this program was faraway as I was expecting so I contact DX4WIN and ask for return and my money back. The answer was short and simple: No, you should have check it before you buy !
So for me it was waste of time and waste of money.
N2JF Rating: 1/5 Dec 4, 2011 20:23 Send this review to a friend
NEVER AGAIN  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an older version which will not work with Windows 7. When I asked DX4Win for a version that would work, they not only refused to allow me to pay an upgrade price, but insisted I had to pay FULL PRICE for a new version.
After reading the reviews here, I'm glad I saved my money. Not only is this program outdated clumsy and left in the dust but most of the freeware out there, but the owner of the company could care less about retaining current users.
KM5FF Rating: 3/5 Aug 9, 2011 18:52 Send this review to a friend
DX4Win and Windows & 64 bit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
looking at all reviews and most are postive ? will it work with windows 7 64bit have acouple other programa but they do not like windows 7 64 bit tnxs 73 de km5ff
KK8ZZ Rating: 0/5 Jun 19, 2011 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Arf ! Arf ! Run don't Walk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you have a little extra cash and lots of time on your hands, buy this turkey and spend hours trying to set up a Yaesu FT-950. Hangs up Win 7, can't set parameters, won't recognize the radio no matter how many parameters you change, if you can try that w/o the damn thing hanging up and freezing your 'puter (and I've got a pretty good one here...) Wish I could get a refund for this non-working dog.....
W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Keep coming back  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this program since the V5.x days. Although the updates are not as frequent as other products, I am very happy with it. I love the way it tracks my contacts for DXCC, LOTW, etc. It has enough interfaces to keep me happy; MMTY, PSK, Winkey integration, VE7CC, and on and on and on. I've tried other programs, but keep coming back to this one. It's a keeper!
KX2S Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2010 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Finally Modernized  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well I have been using Ver 5.03 for many years. I tried several other logging programs since. I have recently upgraded to Ver 8.04 and it is nice to have all the newer upgrades. Now MMRTTY and PSK31 are integrated. Interface for LOTW and eQsl too.
No other logging program handles my DXCC records better. Very fast logging and the upgrade was very easy. I am now happy again with DX4WIN. My second choice was HR Deluxe but I found it very cumbersome. Thanks guys for updating the best logging program out there.
AB4PP Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2010 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Very Good 5/5  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used the program for over 8 years. I have recently upgraded to the 8.03 version. I saw that it had some fixes for some bugs I have encountered. As usual the team fixes the problems we encounter and it is nice to see that there have been several new changes from the version. I am very pleased and use this for my general logging. It has over 40 years of logs in it now and I have not had any problems with crashes or omits. I have seen some changes that were propagated by the staff and am very pleased with them. I use some other logging for contests and the like but this is my main logging program. Using the ADIF format makes it easy to import from the other programs to this one.