Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna
Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $51.95
Description: NR770HA mobile antenna, 2m 1 1/2 wave , 70 cm 2 5/8 waves 200 watts maximum with a UHF connector, 40.2 inches long.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna.

IW1EYZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2016 01:44 Send this review to a friend
Maybe the best 5/8 Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using this antenna since 2009 on my car travelling around Italy, and on MSC Musica cruise ship in Mediterranean sea mounted on a magnetic base bracket!
I never had a problem.
I think this in one of the best mobile antenna: low SWR both in V and U bands, good compromise between performance, price and size. Excellent building material.
NR770HB (B for black version) is "almost invisible" on car. Bought another one for home APRS Station. I love it!

K6IUZ Rating: 3/5 Feb 8, 2016 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Not bullet proof  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not overly rugged for a premium priced antenna....been running it on my motorcyle for a few years and the top snapped off this past weekend...internal spring not strong enough to keep from popping out on bumps...wrapping it with electrical tape helps....can buy a replacement whip for about $20 but a new MFJ equivalent (looks like they are manufactured by the same OEM) is $10 more....

W8MPX Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2015 12:16 Send this review to a friend
200 WATTS TEST  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAD THIS ANTENNA FOR 5 YEARS I USED IT WITH A TE SYSTEM 1412G 200 WATTS. SO IT SAID IT HOLD 200 WATTS LETS SEE PUT THE DAIWA AND THE DAIWA METER READ 200 WATTS BUT NOW I RUN IT WITH 140 WATTS, IT'S A SOLID ANTENNA AND IT LOOKS GOOD ON THE CAR

AD0JA Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2014 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the NR770HB - black colored version and use it with a magnetic mount base. The antenna does not flop around in the wind and easily stands up to being hit by tree limbs. I use it with a 5 watt Kenwood HT and the worst signal report I have gotten using this antenna on a repeater was a "59 with a little white noise". 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a good antenna for mobile use.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2012 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Really Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
The NR770HA was recommended to me by a friend who has one on his lorry,Price was 20 here in the UK which did not break the bank..I have this mounted on my lorry and it really does perform very very well,infact i can say its a fab performer.I highly recommend you buying one and i promise you wont be dissapointed,My old mobile vhf.uhf antenna was like a dummy load compared to the NR770HA,I talk simplex over 30miles most days on 5 watts crystal clear contact both ways.Im thinking of buying another NR770HA for my car and fitting my yaesu ft2900 in.

5 0ut of 5 for me...This antenna is fantastic.

W7MAG Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2011 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
10 years and counting.
This antenna not only performs very well, it's mechanically very solid as it's outlasted 2 SUVs now. Yes, it's going to be relocated to whatever vehicle I get next so no you can't have it.

KC5BYE Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2008 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Happy so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Really happy with the performance and the construction. 40" long and sits on top of my Jeep with the base at 67". So the tip is around 8.5 feet off the ground. It doesnt hurt to look for low hanging trees while driving. The small coil in the center of the antenna does take the shock and has not bent on the two times it has been clipped. The performance is excellant so far. Just having it hooked up to a 5 watt HT and I am getting every repeater in the city plus hitting out of town machines. Diamond says there is 3dB on 2m and 5.5 dB on 70cm. I have had no complaints on my signal and some are suprised when I tell them I am running 5 watts. The antenna is rated at 200 watts so there is room to play with. My model came in black which looks better against my Cherokee and doesnt stand out like a silver antenna. This is a replacement for a Comet(Maldol) AX 95. The AX95 base is made from plastic. I didnt find this out till I opened the hatchback with the antenna in the down position. Which in turn cracked the antenna base and turned it into spare parts. If I had known that ahead of time I wouldn't have purchased the Maldol. The NR770 is metal and solid. This antenna looks good, feels solid and performes very well.

G0ISW Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2008 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Longevity  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this aerial for so many years now (silver version) that I cannot remember exactly when I first bought it, but maybe more than 10 years ago.

It still looks great, performs very well and is still in use.

I cannot fault it, hence the 5 out of 5 rating i have given.

Regards

Philip G0ISW

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2006 21:33 Send this review to a friend
5 years and counting...  Time owned: more than 12 months
As the Summary says, I have had my NR770HB (Black version) for over 5 years. It's solid design and effective performer. I liked the first one I bought so much, I soon afeter bought another for our second vehicle. I don't foresee a need to change these antennas out for anything else on the market today, My guess is, I'll own them for many more years to come...

VK5SN Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2005 21:43 Send this review to a friend
A great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a great antenna. This is my primary 2m + 70 cm mobile antenna mounted on a HatchBack. Have had it for over 3 years now and a fab performer.