Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna
Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $51.95
Description: NR770HA mobile antenna, 2m 1 1/2 wave , 70 cm 2 5/8 waves 200 watts maximum with a UHF connector, 40.2 inches long.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR770HA mobile antenna.

VK5SN Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2005 21:43 Send this review to a friend
A great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a great antenna. This is my primary 2m + 70 cm mobile antenna mounted on a HatchBack. Have had it for over 3 years now and a fab performer.

N0EYE Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2004 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think this antenna is in the wrong section, but oh well...

I have two of these fine antennas...one on the truck and the other on a mag mount stuck on top of a paint can in the attic. Both work great, and I would highly recommend getting one to anyone looking for either a mobile V/U antenna or something small for home.

N4KRA Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2002 08:28 Send this review to a friend
A tank of an antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my antenna about 9 years. It has survived 2 mag mounts.(the plastic housings disintergated from age and abuse). It is on the 3rd mount now. It has been knocked off the top of the truck cab so many times and drug along side the truck so many times I have lost count. It literally has "Taken a licking and kept on ticking". I have no complaints with it. A little lube for the lay down joint keeps it usable. I even bought a 2nd one I have with my ARES/RACES emergency site setup kit . I will definitely get another one if This one dies...

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2002 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Looks unassuming but eats trees.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Unfortunately people on Cape Cod complain rabidly when towns try to trim trees away from the power lines. The corollary of this is trees hang over onto the sides of the street. Inevitably, my antenna, mounted on a SUV, meets these evil doers and... wins.

This antenna is a great performer, requires no significant ground since it is a half wave, and allows me to get into repeaters in RI from the car on Cape Cod with 5 watts (count 'em) in the winter.

It is the best antenna I have used on FM mobile, has alot less Dork Factor than a 5/8 wave whipping around(I save that for my HF antenna, even though it admittedly hasn't whipped yet).

Heck, Diamond made it so nice looking, you don't even need to buy the black one...