Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Standard C468A Help

Reviews Summary for Standard C468A
Standard C468A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $370
Description: UHF Handy Transceiver

You can write your own review of the Standard C468A.

AC6IN Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2005 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Best ht's made  Time owned: more than 12 months
Standard set the standard in ht quality. To bad they stopped making radios, They made by far the highest quality ht's.

If you can find any of the standard ht's buy them you will NOT regret it.
N2SQV Rating: 4/5 Dec 13, 2002 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Good 70 cm hand held  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my 468 for almost 10 years now with no major problems. It has been dropped, been wet and it is showing its age. However, it works as good as the day I received it. The receiver is pretty sensitive and hears well. Only with a mobile antenna (4.5 dB gain) driving in the city of Albany, NY have I heard any intermodulation. I'm on my 4th & 5th NiCd batteries (7.2 volts/ 700 mAh) at this time and they seem to last a long time at 5 to 6 years. The speaker died at 4 years old and I was able to get the OEM speaker from Standard when they were still in buisness. Replacement was pretty easy. The rotary encoder freely spins now (no more indents) but still works. I have to lock it out to stay on frequency. The original antenna as small as it is works well (BNC type). I like the extended receive feature because I like to monitor out of band (PLL from 340 - 470 MHz and 810 - 970 MHZ cell included with no modification). Being able to receive out of band was one of the reasons it purchased this HT the other is that I like single band radios. 810 - 970 MHz was a un-advertised bonus feature. Overall, it's a good little hand held radio.